45 ACP XTP Load

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Patrick Sperry, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Patrick Sperry

Patrick Sperry New Member

Hope this hasn't already been answered. But if it has please give me a link. :D

I am looking for load data for 45 ACP using Hornady 230 grain XTP's and 230 grain RNFMJ. If someone could get me a link or provide starting /ending data it would really be appreciated. I'm an OTR truck driver, and the Hornady manual will take way more than my home time to get here!

I have mostly Remington in the bag new brass. Both CCI and Winchester primers. Apparently suitable powders that I have are, Unique, Power Pistol, and AA7.

Also, if any members are near Buffalo, Wyoming, and want to hook up at our range send me a message.

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Pat, google Hodgdon Powder Co. and navigate to their reloading data. Same stuff in their printed manual, but more up to date.

3. Patrick Sperry

Patrick Sperry New Member

Thanks Man. I tried that but my old eyes... Love the company, I just wish they would enlarge the print! My comp and printer are just not up to the task apparently. Or my computer skills! Probably the later

That's why I bold everything BTW. :(

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Patrick, i use both the 200 and the 230 gr XTP bullets in my 45 acp reloads using the Power Pistol powder with good results. IIRC, i got my load data for that off the Hodgon website. can't remember the powder charge off the top of my head. will post laterif i can find it.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you're welcome. i was incorrect, as it was Alliant's powder website.