.45 acp in my pocket!

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Crazvet, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Im gonna pick up my first .45 today, went to my lgs and they had three XDs's at $549 a pop, gonna snatch one up b4 they disappear. I'll be replacing my S&W Bodyguard .380(big upgrade:), and I'm gonna be passing on the little Smith to a lady friend who will be learning to carry for the first time!

2. bub72ck

bub72ck New Member

You will love the XDs. I have one and its great.

3. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Absolutely love my xds... its my edc...

4. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I had a hickup picking mine up, I have my fingers crossed its still there tomorrow.

5. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

6. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Still waiting for the background to come back(no problem, their backed up). The bad news;) is they only had the SS model left:p.

7. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I got her, she's a beaut I'll post a spread of her(even tho she like all the others, BUT this one is mine:). Got 185 gr Hornady Critical Defence ammo, its almost as pretty as the pistol lol

8. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

9. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Thx, unfortunately the closest range isn't so close so I'm not sure when I'll get to fire her.

10. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Here she is all cleaned and loaded, now gettin to the range and finding ammo at less then a $1 a pop lol

ForumRunner_20130213_141249.jpg

11. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Not sure where your located but I picked up 100ct box @ Gander Mountain for $59.99.. Not the best price ever but they had plenty.

12. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I'm in southwestern VA, the closest Gander Mountain is over a hour away, guess I'm gonna have ta take a road trip lol

13. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I'm assuming you're not talking about the box of ammo in the picture lol. It's clearly more than a dollar a pop. Lol.

14. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

No I'm talking about finding some range rounds, I'll shoot two magazines of the critical defence just to make sure my girl isn't temperamental w em, every review I've read they feed and fire perfectly.

15. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

XD's will shoot anything I'm my exp

16. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I was skeptical about the xd line until I held one I'm my hand. I like the feel, especially the xds in 45. How is the recoil on that thing?

17. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

It's not to bad.... manageable for sure... very nice gun.... my xds is my edc...

18. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

My wife and I looked at those same models Friday. I liked the looks, but I didn't like the narrow grip. I have a XDM 45 5.25 and like it a lot.
    Actually she was looking at it as an alternative to her Glock 26. She liked the looks too, but not our so much the grip.
    But that's why they make so many different styles.

19. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Grip is important, and they look better than a glock to me

20. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

Even if you find cheap target ammo you will want to shoot around 20 rounds of the defense ammo you pick just to make sure it works fine in your gun.