45 ACP decision

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by BlackBeautyF150, May 22, 2012.

1. BlackBeautyF150

BlackBeautyF150 New Member

I'm looking to buy a 45 polymer Automatic and I think I've narrowed it down to a Glock 21 and an FNX 45 but I can't decide between the two. Any one have any input?

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

add XD and M&P and maybe some others to that list and see what you can rent. Many indoor ranges have rentals and some with the purchase of ammo will let you try different pistols in that caliber . You can't not depend on others view of a firearm alone. So shoot as many as you can. Just like the Glock and FN they are about as different as you can find. There are very few bad handguns out there today and some simple fit a person better than others. Look at the differences between the 2 you picked .

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Wow. Fords and Polymer .45s. You like to live with

high level of risk, I take it?:cool:

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I'd have absolute confidence in either. Or an M&P, XD/XDm, HK, etc. Some folks like polymers and some don't. But the vast majority of $400+ polymer guns will shrug off plenty of wear and abuse and perform admirably in the process.

Just take time to handle each of your options. Get a feel for the grip, trigger, and controls, and figure out what you value most among them. That's your answer.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I reeeeeally like my XD45; i suggest that you try to find some to rent or borrow for a test drive-by.

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

RRA has a new polymer 1911. My Glock 36 and my XD45C have been 100% reliable.

7. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

I just got a an xdm .45 full size, awsome guns and good upgrades from PRP for a grand total of $802 out and that thing will never have an issue!

8. Staestc

Staestc New Member

+1 on the XDm .45. I got the 5.25" competition and it's now my favorite. Awesome gun, IMHO.

9. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Awsome man no baby 9mm :)

10. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Shot the Glock, didn't like it but it doesn't fit my paw properly. Haven't shot the FN but have the XDN and M&P and like both of them.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I love my Glock 21, but I like my SIG P220 even better.:)

12. fins59

fins59 New Member

XD45 for me (compact) flawless function,excellent aim, and good looks too. Although if it fits ya ain't nothin wrong with a Glock, I personally don't like the way they feel though. No opinions on the others mentioned.

13. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I really like my Glock, it fits my hand well, but an M&P fits better.

14. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I'am not a big poly gun fan but if i was to purchase one i think i would go with the XD

15. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Same for me. I'm not a huge fan of poly guns either. If I had to pick one it would be an XD as well.

16. Kenney

Kenney New Member

XD all the way. I'd jump for an all metal sig p220 before anything else (short of a high end 1911), but that's me.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I guess I'm a relic myself.

The closest thing I can go to plastic on a pistol is

the rubber Hogue grips on my 1911.

Now they are better than sex.

(and a whole lot less messy)