I haven't bought my 1911 yet but, I just felt my feet getting a little cold. 99% of my ammo is going to be shot at the range the other 1% will be spent fending off baddies and the undead during the coming zombie uprising. I went to look up some prices on of .45 ACP. Here are some of my findings: Cheaper than Dirt: .45 ACP Remington Auto, JHP, 230 Grain, 25 Round Box Golden Saber ($1.06/round) .45 Auto+P Remington, JHP, 185 Grain, 25 Round Box Golden Saber ($1.07/round) They have like 2-3 options that are in stock. HOLY HELL! this sh*t is more expensive than the 12 Ga. Slug I shoot from the old Mossberg!!! Where I can get great cheap .45 ACP ammo? Is there a shortage? the 10mm ammo seems to cost less than the .45 ACP. If i can't figure this out, I'm going to have to go back to looking at a 9mm pea-shooter.