44 tracker any thoughts

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Tlocz916, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Tlocz916

Tlocz916 New Member

Thinking,bout picking up a 44 tracker soon any thoughts,bout the quality of the gun

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Good gun. Axze55 has one and he loves his.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had the 22 & loved it :cool:

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Taurus quality is a crap shoot but the 4" 44 Tracker is the only Taurus I would consider buying and I would buy it locally because if something goes wrong I want the dealer to ship it. Taurus has a good warranty but it costs too much to ship a handgun on your own. The dealer can ship USPS but you have to ship FedEx overnight at about $70. If they replace the gun, it has to be run through the dealer anyway. Taurus communication sucks.

5. LastRound

LastRound New Member

My Taurus 44 Tracker went back to the factory under their so called warranty and they did not fix it. I ordered the parts, fixed it myself, and then sold it. I will never buy another Taurus.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I don't know about the Tracker. I own .44 Mag. Rugers and S&Ws these have all been very fine handguns. I do know the Rugers and S&Ws hold their values better than the imports.:)

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Then why post :confused:

8. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I can tell you this much, people that own Ruger and S&W 44 mag handguns shoot them all the time. I have seen plenty of trackers carried in this area but I have never seen anyone whip one out and shoot the damned thing. Even when other shooters were doing all they can to pop a bunch of golf balls. I don't know if a tracker won't hit a golf ball or they are scared the damn thing will break. I don't know about you all but when someone throws a golf ball down and says have at it boys I am going to shoot at least six times unless the golf ball is destroyed first.

No a Tracker is not as valuable second hand as a Ruger or S&W. How well a gun holds it's value is a big factor in my buying decision.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

So you don't know anything about the Tracker :rolleyes:

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Lol. No better way to put it.

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'll put it this way,Over the years I've owned every major brand and almost every model of the 44 Magnum.The only one that still sets in my safe and is the best shooting 44 that I've ever had is a Taurus Raging Bull 44 Magnum.
    I've never had any issues with the weapon.I also have a Tracker in 22lr,it had a timing issue with the cylinder when rapid firing,but I had a local gunsmith fix it and it's a perfect shooting revolver now.
    A Ruger Super Redhawk would be the only other 44 Magnum revolver that I would own anymore other than the Taurus.

Every mfg has problems,Taurus just earned a bad reputation from having piss pour customer service,and they do have that.

12. DesertDude

DesertDude New Member

I have the predecessor to this gun, model SS446. Love it. Goes Big bang every time.