44 auto-mag dies

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by oO_Rogue_Oo, Apr 8, 2020.

1. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a set of 44 auto-mag dies. RCBS prefered and in a perfect world the full set with forming dies. Any out there?

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought was:
    "hell, it's been dead for a couple of decades!":D

3. oO_Rogue_Oo

Actually has a VERY dedicated following.

The rights have been bought and the company is back up and running working on re-releasing the guns; with improvements. One of the original smiths that worked on it back in the day has been heavily involved. Not sure if it will make it but it looks to have a good chance.

Anyway, I can still get brass but would much rather form my own. I can do it without the dies (I know how to piece together the parts) but I've wanted an old RCBS set for years.

locutus likes this.
  4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I used to have a set,but gave them to the guy that bought the pistol. That's one gun I wish I had back,but money talks when someone wants something bad enough.
    I've seen a few articles on the new pistol,and I just might have to buy one.
    RCBS can probably make you a set,I'm sure they still have the prints for it on file. Starline makes great brass,if I buy another one,I'll just buy a bunch of brass for it.

5. oO_Rogue_Oo

Yeah when I buy brass I tend to buy Starline. I've talked to RCBS before about other dies and they don't really do that anymore. Never tried with the 44 AMP. I'm hopping that if the gun starts being produced again they will make the dies again but don't know. Hornady makes dies that are pretty easy to find and in the $80 range and if I can't find RCBS I will get those and build the forming dies myself.