.41 mag

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by wolfdog, Jan 15, 2010.

1. wolfdog

wolfdog New Member

Any one out there shoot 41 mag? I love 'em
    My latest.
    [​IMG]

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've wanted a 41 mag for a while but I haven't bought one yet. I've got other projects going at the moment so I doubt I'll bring one home anytime soon but one day.

3. MB44

MB44 New Member

Can't get .41Mag's in my part of the woods, so I shoot .44Mag, but I would really like to try'em out. Can you tell how they compare to 44Mag....???

4. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

.41 Mag never really caught on too well. It's a shame, because its a fine caliber. But I'd never give up my 44's for one...

5. Esteban

Esteban New Member

When I first moved to Fl., I saw a couple of guys cleaning wild boar behind a building. We started talking & they invited me to join them. They hunted in a club & all members can only carry large caliber pistols. 41 mag was a popular one. They said that once in awhile a member gets gored, bitten, etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO THANKS !

6. wolfdog

wolfdog New Member

I have 44 mags too, but 41 shoots flater, and deer and pigs don't seem to notice much diferance when you hit them. Also a litle bit less recoil.

7. Mark F

We feral pig hunt all year in Texas. Those bad-azz pigs are running rampid and they are fun to hunt down! Just make sure you have lots of fire-power. I've seen a few that were over 300 pounds and had 5 inch tusks.

[​IMG]

8. WVwheelgunner

WVwheelgunner New Member

It's getting harder and harder to find .41 reloading supplies (all reloading supplies, actually) but especially the .41. I've always wanted a S&W Model 58, but now I'm not so sure. :(

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Can you say .458 SOCOM?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Straightens their tails right out!

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I love me some .41! I have three a 6" M-57, a 4" M-657, and a 4" M-58. To me there is no finer caliber for North America. 100 yards no problem. Noticeably less recoil than the comparable .44's (I have two of them also). I cast my own 210 gr SWC GC's so bullets are no problem. I buy ammo and jacketed bullets occasionally so the stores will keep it in stock.

11. wolfdog

wolfdog New Member

Ya Robocop, they are sweet. I have a model 57 6 inch also. Mostly load 215 gas check but shoot some 210 grain jacketed also

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You guys are making me think I need a 41......DARNIT!!1

13. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

I've been a 41 fan for twenty years. I have had several. I'm a big guy, but I just prefer the lesser recoil of the 41 over the 44. In fact, I sold all my 44s. My favorite by far is my Smith mod 58. It's just like a mod 29 except in 41 and nickle.

14. Mark F

I reckon so!

15. Esteban

Esteban New Member

That's exactly why I declined the hunting offer. Stomping around in the swamps to run the pigs out to shoot, doesn't seem like too good of an idea, to me !

16. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I HAD a Blackhawk 6.5" 41 mag. Used to adore that gun. Shot a lot of Buffalo Bore til I started rolling my own.

Got a bad batch of Bluedot, and cracked the cylinder.

13.7 gr was supposed to be 35000 psi. Instead, it tested out at 55000. No eFFin wonder it broke my gun. Alliant sent me lots of free gooodies due to that.

I always loaded Nosler 210 jacketed.

17. Mark F

Same thing happened to my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag.

18. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I LOVE my .41 mags-a Ruger Blackhawk and a Redhawk. I used to have a S&W model 57 but sold it.

19. operator0

operator0 New Member

I've been seriously considering a M57 and have one question.

Compare the recoil with that of a .357mag stainless J frame. Worse? Better?

20. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

A model 57 with Hogue grips is a delight to shoot-much more comfortable than a J frame with full house .357 loads.