40 ton whale washes up on malibu beach, fouls the air at Babs house

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by downsouth, Dec 7, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Well, here is what not to do.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-2uGIH3ZaI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

3. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

5. heymatthew

heymatthew New Member

Lets see... A 20-ton animal washes up on the private beach of some of the richest people in the entire world and nobody knows what to do about it? Don't rich people have people to do this kind of stuff for them? I mean, how much could it possibly cost to enlist the assistance of a tugboat captain and his merry men to come drag the darn thing out to sea and leave it for the fishes? I mean, good lord!

If rich people had half as much brain power as they do money, our world would be a far better place.

Go hire a tugboat Streisand. Or, better yet, go move it with your nose.

6. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

That video is great downsouth!...they f***erd that up good :D

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

i think it should be stuffed with bob dylan and barbara striesand then pushed back out to sea...

8. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Bet they cant just drag it away or dump it willy nilly. You cant let your dog turd on your lawn lawn in places like that. What kinda permit and variance do you think they would need to dump that at sea? Seems apropos that mother nature has given them such a grand gift considering how much they all love and protect wildlife!

Probably hard to tell the diff between stinkin whale blubber and stinkin rich Bureaucrats anyhow.

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Since we now know what happens...I think someone should blow it up :D

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

NNOOOoooo..............

11. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

Im sure whales die in the ocean all the time.

I dont see a regulation regarding towing a dead one back to its home?

I dont think they could tow it though. It looks like it would rip and make a mess.

12. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

ohhh...we're talking California here...there's a rule for everything.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I suggest throwing millions of maggots on it and waiting a couple weeks or so.

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I really hate flys....bring in some polar bears.

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

If it happened around here, folks would buy a lot of beer and a lot of grease!

Fish Fry on the beach!!!! Yooooooohooooo!

And no, it don't matter that it is not a fish, close enough!

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I would expect that post to come from one of our Louisanna brothers.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

could use some shaped charges and angle the debris towards bob dylan and striesand's houses. i woud be happy with that. long as they are standing outside when the whale bits land

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Note: I own a copy of the Lane County Oregon video- use it when training blasters. They actually used 2000 lbs of 40% dynamite- not a half ton.

Since the whale was resting on water saturated sand, and water can not be compressed, all of the force of the shot was directed- yep- straight up.

Granted- it might be low humor- but until you have seen a room full of 50 yr old powder monkeys falling on the floor laughing.....:p

19. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I grew up rural with lots of old timers around that regularly blew things up to make ponds and clear new land. I remember two of them that had little TNT huts they stored all the stuff in and wasnt ever locked, can you imagine that today?

Probably Arnold Leuenberger could have told them what would have happened trying to blow the damn thing up and could have figured a way to tow it away with a couple of his old Allis Chalmers Suicide Tractors. It would have been fertilizer on the fields within a week...

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I see it this way. If it is indeed a private beach, it is a private problem. The "victims" on Malibu have the resouces to deal with it. If they prefer, time will solve the problem.

Sometimes, even for the wealthy, life stinks.