Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body know if any dody make's a 1911 in .40 cal that is resonably priced i am on a budget ! any help would be appreceated .

·
Registered
346 Posts
saitek said:
does any body know if any dody make's a 1911 in .40 cal that is resonably priced i am on a budget ! any help would be appreceated .
I'm pretty sure para ordnance makes some. Double stack most likely.

Still probably around $1000.

Try STI and kimber. I don't think Colt makes a .40 anymore.

Have you considered a Browning Hi Power?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Why not get it in the stout 10mm. You could always deload it to 40 short & weak standards, yet retain the ability to fire the potent 10mm. Why buy a 38 pecial when you can have a 357 mag that can shoot 38s whenever you want.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
40 cal 1911

i looked at the sti ,look's good nothing from kimber or colt ,looked at para their nice .

·
Registered
346 Posts
saitek said:
i looked at the sti ,look's good nothing from kimber or colt ,looked at para their nice .
I got a para 9-18 coming. Supposed to be pretty nice guns, but like the OP said ever consider a 10mm? I have a 10mm glock 29 and love it. I can shoot hot 10mm loads or loads down at .40 strength.

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
You could go 10mm and have it rebarreled.
The breech face, extractor, ejector are the same for both calibers.

Mags may have some differences due to length of the calibers, but it could be done.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
I got a para 9-18 coming. Supposed to be pretty nice guns, but like the OP said ever consider a 10mm? I have a 10mm glock 29 and love it. I can shoot hot 10mm loads or loads down at .40 strength.
Had a P-18 - Only Para i ever liked :)
Used to have several 22rd mags for it, don't know if they are still availible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
40 cal 1911

just looking at a .40 i got a ton of brass and don't need another to load for .

·
Registered
346 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
Had a P-18 - Only Para i ever liked :)
Used to have several 22rd mags for it, don't know if they are still availible.
The only mags I found so far are the 18 rounders. I wish I could find some 22rd ones.

It's good to hear that you like that one because I haven't found too many folks that know much about it.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
The only mags I found so far are the 18 rounders. I wish I could find some 22rd ones.

It's good to hear that you like that one because I haven't found too many folks that know much about it.
Its one i've always regreted trading off :(
I'll try to remember where i found those mags-

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'd also recommend going with a 10mm. Sell or trade the .40 brass. 10mm is MUCH more versatile than .40 if you reload.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
Its one i've always regreted trading off :(
I'll try to remember where i found those mags-
I would appreciate it. I am pretty excited to get it. And 22rd mags would make it even better.

·
Registered
346 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
Do my best- I think you'l like that Para :)
Thank you I appreciate it. I have seen some of your collection on various threads and I have to say you have a great taste in firearms, so I I like what you have now I feel that I'll like the para.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Thank you I appreciate it. I have seen some of your collection on various threads and I have to say you have a great taste in firearms, so I I like what you have now I feel that I'll like the para.
You're makin me miss that dam P-18 :(
If I was wanting a fat body hi cap 1911 9mm it wud be the Para P-18-
Was looking around & can't belive they are a grand these days :eek:
DAM sure wish i'd kept mine now :eek:
Keep us posted!
Forgot- If you want to change grips (I did) they are kinda hard to find & pricey (that little titty on them) but they can be had- I just have a thing about having to have wood on my handguns---

·
Registered
346 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
You're makin me miss that dam P-18 :(
If I was wanting a fat body hi cap 1911 9mm it wud be the Para P-18-
Was looking around & can't belive they are a grand these days :eek:
DAM sure wish i'd kept mine now :eek:
Keep us posted!
Forgot- If you want to change grips (I did) they are kinda hard to find & pricey (that little titty on them) but they can be had- I just have a thing about having to have wood on my handguns---
I already knew I wanted to change the grips on it before I ordered it. But I'll keep everyone posted. Any ideas on where to find grips?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts