3D shooting target

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by ktmboyz, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I have been planning to build a foam target for 22lr use, I went to my FFL a few weeks ago and he had 3 hollow torso targets that someone gave him PERFECT!!

I taped up the bottom and lined it with newspaper to keep it from sticking, then I filled it with three cans of spray foam and let it sit. Once dry it fell right out of the mold in a perfect shape. I then wrapped it with duct tape thinking it would hold it together better.

I took him to the range and shot it with about 100 rounds of 22lr and almost no effect. Then I tried 9mm, 40, 45 and 223. It has held up very well. I have put over 500 rounds through it so far ( prob more like 1K ) and it is still like new. The only thing that has effected it is I think the heat, it has shrank a little bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats a cool idea. we used to get old mannaquins from dept stores to shoot. there wasnt such a thing as spray foam back then or we woulda built an army to shoot at lol

you should hollow out the head and chest and put balloons with dye paint or some fruit inside em!!

3. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Funny you say that,, I have a jar of paint balls coming in yellow and red. Red for center mass and yellow for the outer ring. I hope they work and not just drive the paint through the back.. I also have one in the works with a hidden jar of Tannerite in it for our next shooting competition. 100 yd open sights, I shot each till he blows. :eek:

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wow. Really cool idea. That would be a fun day at the range.

Kudos ktm, excellent use of gray matter!

JD

5. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Now that is just down right slick!!! I like it!! :)

6. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

lol it looks creepy with a face and clothes on.

7. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

That is awesome, Great idea for a target.

8. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

what can't you use ducktape for, good job looks very... creepy is a good word for it.