3D gun .380 works!!!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Jagermeister, May 20, 2013.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

You do realize that this is just a very very expensive way to make a zip gun right??

no one with any sense is going to spend 10k$ on 3d printer to make a single shot zip gun that can be made free or nearly free from scrap pipes nails and rubber bands....

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The printer costs 1725 dollars. Someone is going to start selling 3d guns from the back of a van. Will eventually make a profit. I have a bad feeling that the BGs will take a liking to these firearms.

3. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Criminals will steal the printers and material needed, so cost is not a factor for them. My fear is; this will add fuel to the federal fire to further restrict gun rights.

4. DenverSteve

DenverSteve New Member

It's bull. Don't believe anything...oops everything you read.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I bet the people at Glock are pissed.

6. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

All we have to do is have the government ban these copier guns.

That ought to solve it!

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Classify it as "any other weapon" problem solved.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

The barrel is rifled, at least.

9. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I find that interesting, but of not much practical value. With millions of guns available, I don't see the point. Anyone who desires to have a firearm can get one, especially if legality is not an issue. If I wanted a cheap plastic gun, I would just buy a Glock. :)

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

The first hard drive held 5 megs of data and was about the size of a small generator. Sounds pretty useless to the average person at that point but think about the future of this technology.

Want a customized handgrip? By customized I mean designed to perfectly fit every contour of YOUR hand, just print it. Got a new Eotech but your iron sights are not exactly the same height? Print yourself a new set. Don't like the look/feel/design of any part, build it yourself.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Had to pound fired cartridge cases out of gun. Replaced barrel after 8 shots.

Dear God! They copied an RG! :eek:

12. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

No, this is real!
    This is actually old news.
    The CAD file was immediately removed from their site, but a lot of other files are still up.
    It's called Defense Distributed.
    I think there's also a vid of this gun being fired.

13. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Do you mean RG10?

14. orangello

orangello New Member

15. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member