3913 is so popular???

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by JimRau, Jan 9, 2014.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I listed a 3913 S&W on Gun Broker the other day and in less than 12 hours I had 25 watchers!!!:eek:
    I now have 45 watchers! Are these guns really in that much of a demand????:confused:
    I do know the price for the 59 series has skyrocketed in just the last few months and used mags for them went for about $12 to $15 to $30+, but I never expect this kind of response on the 3913.:confused:

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Dare I ask if you set the price below average?

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah, it's pretty well sought after. The model 39 is what the ASP was built off of, and there are quite a few people out there trying their hand at building their own.

The channel sights, clear grips, and several of the other features found on the ASP can be had as replacements. Just the clear grips alone are absolutely ridiculously expensive (as far as grips go, IMO). I've seen some for sale for $200, and some for sale for $1K, just depends on the day of the week.

So, you can probably raise your price... I hope to get one myself one day.

For s&g's, look up the prices on an actual ASP 9MM and see what you find. I've seen one go for 8 grand, but I'm pretty sure that was the extreme of extremes, and it was engraved and stuff. I think the going rate is anywhere from $1,500 to $2K. I'm gonna look right now myself...

ETA link.... http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.htm?T=ASP+9MM

4. bmnloader

bmnloader New Member

Isn't the Lady Smith a 3913? Or is it?

5. JimRau

I saw the only ones which were bid on were at about $400 so I started there. That was my minimum except able price.
    Yes there was a Lady Smith 3913, it is another variant of the 3913.:)

6. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Single stack with a great feel. I've always wanted one, and would even take it as a Ladysmith. :eek:

59 39 and the (4)69 were great 9mm. I'm surprised that S&W has reused the 69 model number in their new revolver.

The 469 was a bobbed, shortened barrel and grip frame with rounded corners, double stack. Still a fat hand of 9mm, something that the 39 addresses quite nicely.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't believe there was ever a Model 69 9mm. The 469 and 669 were the first subcompact pistols Smith made.

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Mine is a 569 Stainless 12 rd. They began using 69 with the 400 series...
    What I like about it the most,..it fits in just about every Suit jacket or sports coat pocket I have, and even in larger vest pockets with the right pocket Holster....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  9. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I think this was during their 'awkward' numbering of models.
    I believe the 400 series were alloy frames.

Never could figure out what they were trying to do with model numbers.

10. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Wow, that is one fugly looking gun. Those clear grips make it look silly.

11. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

>>3913 is so popular???<<

Had one once upon a time.... probably shoulda kept it. But then again, I'm not a real fan of SA/DA triggers.

12. JimRau

'Clear' grips!!!!:confused: You lost me on that one!!!:confused:

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Those are the ASP grips. The ASP itself is actually (IMO) a pretty ridiculous looking gun, but not THAT bad...

It was intended to be "the ultimate" carry gun.

14. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah. Trip refers to them in post #3, and provided a link to a picture. Sure enough, they're clear, and look pretty dumb and out of place on a gun.

15. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I had a S&W 3913NL (No Logo) which is the same gun as the 3913LS (Ladysmith). The 3913 is considered by many as the best auto loader every produced by S&W and at local gun shops/gun shows sell from $500 up depending on condition. Would I sell a 3913 for $400? no!!!!!!!!!!.not even a beater.

16. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Yup! my 439 was a "deployment" present from Dad....came with 5 custom 8 shot finger ext. mags....and an inside Leg Holster w/ survival Kit. Also carried my Gerber Mk1 there as well...