.380's are highest gun taken at airport security...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by LONGHAIR, Jan 1, 2013.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Seen a report on the local news that over 2,000 guns where taken from people trying to get on airplanes across the U.S. in the past year...15 where here in St.Louis Mo.....85% of the guns where loaded and .380 pocket-pistols where by fare the most taken from people....Just-Saying....

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

The downside to carrying a .380 (e.g. Ruger LCP) is that they are so comfortable and light that one invariably forgets it's on their person.

3. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I agree I keep my Kel Tec next to my wallet on the table and grab both every time I leave home. I can see forgetting you had one with you. Costly mistake to make at airport though.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

How could a weapon be of any use if you can not remember having it? Entering an airport you know you will be challanged. A weapon that is forgotten under stress is less protection than a hot cup of coffee.

Starbucks likes this post.:D

5. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

Do you think they auction off the confiscated guns like they do the leatherman tools?
    If so, maybe I would.......never mind, I hate auctions.

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

If they confiscate a gun,I bet you never see-it again....I would think 9mm would be the most confiscated but I guess the little .380's are making a big dent in the carry market these days.....I have a ruger LCP & kel-tec p3at.........

7. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Read a story last year about a Playboy model being arrested at the airport for carrying a Ruger Blackhawk in her purse. Don't know if she forgot that she had it or what. :p

8. XsV

XsV New Member

She may have confused it with her other "blackhawk".

9. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

DAMN....I was just at Cabela's here in St.Louis and they have the Ruger LCP .380 marked-up to $399....The gun counter was empty except for about twenty guns....and no .380 ammo at all.....I'm waiting till this Obama sh!t gets over with and things get back to reality....$399 for a Ruger.380 LCP...WOW...Never thought I'd see the day.....Again...WOW......

10. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I am ASTOUNDED that in one year 2000 people are that damn dumb as to show up at an airport with a gun!

11. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Damn does that got the laser on it because here in mi they 249.00 n 299.99 with laser

12. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

No laser...That was what they wanted just for a gun and nothing else....$399.00...Frickin-Crazy.....Prices have jumped way out there.....

13. YogiBear_727

YogiBear_727 New Member

To answer the question about whether the guns confiscated in airports are auctioned or not, the answer is no. The confiscated guns and their owners are turned over to the police. Chances are, the gun owner will more than likely be charged with a felony, will receive a very hefty fine, and may incur some jail time... Also, depending what line of work the person is in (police, military, etc.) there may be repercussions there as well.