Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by shamrock22, Nov 11, 2012.

1. shamrock22

shamrock22 New Member

What is the best .380 "pocket pistol" on the market?

2. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

You know when you ask for opinions you are going to get a bunch of people that can't agree on one perfect gun right?

I would love to have the Sig P238

3. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I'd say either the S&W bodyguard or the Bersa Thunder cc.

Both are big enough to still feel like your holding a gun, but still fit in your pocket.

4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Love the Sig, add it to my list.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

my favorite 380 is the bersa thunder plus 15+1

for extreme discrete carry ruger lcp

6. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

I love my Sig p238. Shoots like a dream and has good weight to it for being small.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I am still waiting to get another Bersa; i LOVED the single stack Bersa that i had. Also has that internal lock if you have kids and can't keep it secure.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have the Sig P238. I had a P3AT and an LCP.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I have a LCP. It's great for carry. I want a Sig 238 though. They shoot better.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

get the thunder plus its damn sweet

11. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

I'm looking at a Ruger LCP for my next pistol.

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

the Bersa is a great .380 for teh money, but I don't put it in the "pocket" catagory unless we are talking heavy coat pocket.

I have an LCP. It is a great size and weight for pocket carry. I can throw it in a DeSantis holster, slip it in my pocket and pretty much forget about it. It WAS really reliable, not as punishing to shoot as a lot of people made them out to be. My complaints are:
    - the trigger reach is really unnaturally short for me and makes the pistol want to turn in my hand as I run it through that long trigger pull. For a gun that will be a point and shoot type, I find this to be a problem.
    -Also, now that I've had it a while it has started to develop metal peening on the slide and barrel hood which are causing the slide to hang up a bit once the slide is pulled fully to the rear. It hasn't caused problems yet when firing, but when chambering the first round it hangs up, and I imagine it would only be a matter of time before it effects firing perfromance. I've Googled teh problem and it looks like it is a problem that other folks have had with teh LCP and LC9 pistols. Ruger seems to make it right if you contact them and send it back, but it is an issue that I feel folks who are looking at buying one should be aware of so they can look for the problem. I can't currently trust mine until I get it fixed.

I have fired the Sig 238 that a friend of mine purchased. It has a short travel trigger and the trigger reach is more natural for adult hands. It does weigh more than the LCP but is still small and flat and would fit in a fornt pants pocket just the same way taht my LCP does. Also for practicing, it is more pleasant to shoot, has useable sights and is very accurate and more natural pointing for a pistol this size. It's also expensive, but I think you get your money's worth out of this pistol.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  13. Colby

Colby New Member

My LCP is my "go to" gun of all my carry guns. In my Stoner back pocket holster it goes everywhere - is small enough to always be with me. Others - larger - heavier - nope! This one goes with me.
    It has never malfunctioned at the range.
    I am armed ... and that is what I want. It is excellent for concealed carry self defense!

14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I enjoy carrying the Ruger LCP .380 on me wherever I go. When I go out with loved ones then I carry as well my primary .45 along with the .380.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=McLEiRJbjpY&feature=youtube[/ame]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

First by quality of product and service, then by value, price to quality ratio, and concealability.

1. Colt Pocketlite
    2. Sig P238
    3. AMT Backup II
    4. Bersa Thunder
    ----------------------------------------------
    1. AMT Backup II
    2. Bersa Thunder
    3. Colt Pocketlite
    4. Sig P238

There are others of quality I'm forgetting and others DAO, but I'm dead set against DAO trigger action (with very few exceptions) and will not recognize or consider them in my answers because of that.

For me Sig is overpriced by miles. Most would tell you the AMT is a junker, they did have a few years with quality control issues, as long as you get the second edition you'll be fine.

Bersa kicks tush, end of story. Amazing worth from a small buck spent.

I personally love Jimenez Arms guns, but as a concealed carry I wont recommend as they are striker fire with no hammer and I don't and wont trust that, ever.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  16. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Sig 238 - extremely small, fun to shoot, accurate. Also, looks really damn nice.

Attached Files:

17. danolator

danolator New Member

Like my little LCP, but as soon as I get a Shield 9, no more 380 for me.

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a Sig P238. I love it for the same reasons as above and the trigger is very sweet, indeed.

19. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Anyone hear about the new Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite?

[​IMG]

20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I carry an S&W Bodyguard 380 every day. I'd definitely recommend it.

The Sig has the best trigger out of the group, but that's also the reason I would not carry it in my pocket. Its trigger is too crisp and short for my comfort level in a pocket.