1. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

I as wondering what I a good 380
    How's the lcp ruger?
    Micro desert eagle?
    Any other good one?

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a Bersa Thunder Concealed Carry . It has an 8 round mag. Nice gun. I like it.

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

from experience, in this order

Sig P238
    Colt Mustang
    Diamondback DB380
    Bersa Thunder

I dont think Id ever own a Keltec or Ruger, horrible trigger, just horrible.

4. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Hey, willfully, I'm interested in the LCP.

I know its trigger is long (as I've read before), but what makes it a "horrible" trigger? I mean, what characteristics make a "bad" trigger?

It would be for my wife.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  5. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

a trigger pull of nearly a mile(inch) and heavy.

IF you loved her, youd buy the Sig;)

Ive shot one of each, and even considering the concealability, Id not buy a LCP/P3AT.

For barely more money, they DB380 is a way better choice. Like a Mini Glock.

6. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Before you spend the money on a SIG (which I consider to be a great gun, but the way) try the Bersa Thunder. Mine has trigger in par with the SIG and has never malfunctioned, all for about $225...

7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I have a feeling I highjacked the thread, but the OP is MIA and has a big learning curve in from of him (do a lot of reading and trying out different firearms before moving forward on any purchase, birdguy).

My concerns about the Bersa (definitely higher on my list for .380 than the LCP), but for one major drawback: it has that external safety. I want my wife to be able to draw, point, squeeze. That's it. This is why I'm still leaning toward LCR, which has GREAT reviews for its trigger in the snubbie world.

Thanks for that definition: A mile long is "HORRIBLE". I suppose when the long trigger pull is your only external safety, then it might change your opinion a bit, huh?

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

When I carry my Bersa I have one in the pipe and a full mag. I use the decocker to drop the hammer. Then I put it back in the fire position. It is not really a safety. It is a decocker. This enables the gun to be drawn and the trigger to be pulled in double action. The next shot will be in single action.

9. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Same for me. The safety is there if you want it, but it can still be used in double-action mode without it...

10. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

Rugar LCP

If weight is not a problem, there are probably lot of small .9mm out there. I live in FL with a tucked in shirt, so I have to carry "in the pocket" where ounces count. I tried the Taurus TCP, but it had a high FTE rate. Lots of people on this blog recommended the Ruger LCP. So far it is great, not a single misfire of any kind. I also got the Crimson Laser and am happy as a pig in s**t!!!!!!!!!!

11. cmhill

cmhill New Member

if you want something similar to the lcp check out the kel tec its got a shorter trigger pull and they are the original. Ruger copied their design from kel-tec so if it was good enough for ruger to copy why not get the original, its feel/texture is a little more rough than the ruger but it does the job

12. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

This is great information. I've only operated DA semi-autos so a decocker isn't even something I thought about. At least it wouldn't necessarily be part of the firing process when in DA mode for someone who doesn't train all the time. The only thing my wife would need to know is the entire process for loading a round.

Thanks!

13. BerettaMan

BerettaMan New Member

Browning BDA .380 in nickel and walnut. :)

14. AgentRego

AgentRego New Member

Check out the Kahr P380. The Ruger LCP (and the Kel-Tec P3AT) do not lock the slide open after the last round. The Kahr P380 is smaller, and in my opinion, shoots and handles much better than the LCP/Kel-Tec P3AT, not to mention, much better accuracy. The Bersa .380s are nice quality firearms, especially for the price. However, their size is much larger than the other .380s mentioned. You could get a nice 9mm that is comparable in size to the Bersa. Check out the Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm. The reason most people carry .380s is for the size. I would also go with the Sig P238 or the Colt Mustang. I personally do not like the way the LCP shoots, just my opinion. I looked at every option in the .380s and did a great deal of research before purchasing my Kahr P380. It is my BUG/summer carry gun.

15. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

one word....sig

[​IMG]

16. AgentRego

AgentRego New Member

Nice pistol... can't go wrong with a Sig. I just liked the feel and function of the Kahr better. My personal choice for a .380 were down to these two. The Sig and the Kahr.

17. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I don't own a 380, but I try them when I have the opportunity. The one that stands out to me is the Sig. The trigger is by far the best in the category.

18. outlaw517

outlaw517 New Member

I have one thought when it comes to 380. Smith and Wesson sigma. Granted the gun was disscountued in 2000 but I love mine. I bought it 2 months back and a great gun.

19. Missileman

Missileman New Member

One issue to keep in mind is if the gun is rated for +P ammo or not (and if that's important to you). According to a sign over the Buffalo Bore ammo at Cabelas, the Ruger LCP is not, as they say don't use their +P in an LCP. Not sure about a Kahr...

20. NGIB

NGIB New Member

As far as .380s go, hard to go wrong with a classic PPK. I also like my Sig P238 as it's the gun I carry most...