.380 woes, Sig P250 vs glock 25

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Jplo, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Jplo

Jplo New Member

Hello Guys,

I have recently joined this group of enthusiasts, as I let you know in my first post I am repressed in my country, and can only use .380 for self defense.

I have started the bureocratic nightmare to purchase my gun and it should be done in 45 days hopefully. The bright side is I have more time to decide between the Sig and the Glock.
    I just wanted to pick up the general feeling you guy might have for these manufacturers, I realize you will probably have used them in sensible calibers and perhaps never fired a .380, so Im just curious if you prefer one brand over the other for any reason.

Many thanks!

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

Both are good guns it will come down to personal preference in my opinion.

3. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

As Rifleman1 said, both are good guns. If I were you I would try to dry fire both of them and see which trigger appeals to you. They are totally different.

4. boringoldfart

boringoldfart New Member

Both are great guns but they are apples and oranges.

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

I didn't know Sig made the P250 in .380.

I personally don't like Glock but that's just my preference.

As others said see what feels best to you.

Good luck in your choice.

By the way are you allowed to carry a gun on your person there?

6. Jplo

Jplo New Member

Thanks for the info guys!

Yes, we can legally carry only .380 caliber guns...bad guys get all the nice toys.

I went to the shop & range today, and tested the Glock, understood immediately the apples and oranges.
    My reference was a 2action Baikal and I liked the smoothness of the single action much better.
    I ended buying the Glock 25 and a Hatsan 12GA for bird shooting, now I have to wait 30 to 45 days for the permit.....I will post a review and pictures when I get both weapons.
    Thanks guys!

7. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

My personal opinion is that you made the right choice. I'm not one of the Glock fan-boys, but I've owned the P250 and hated the trigger on it. I generally like Sig but I just couldn't get around that P250 trigger.

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats on the purchases. I'm sure you will enjoy both.

9. 4sig

4sig New Member

I would have suggested that you try the Walther PPK. It's a .380 and comfortable to shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

They did not have a Sig P238?

11. 4sig

4sig New Member

I would have suggested that you try the Walther PPK. It's a .380 and comfortable to shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

The glock 380 has issues with certain brands of ammo. If you go that way I would test ammo before relying on it.

If I had to pick solely between these two I would go sig no doubt.

My choice in a gun if I was restricted to 380 would be the bersa thunder plus 15+1 capacity.

Fmj is the only round for a 380 that will reliably penetrate 14" of fbi ballistic gel.

13. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Do the G25 & G28 have that issue, or just the G42?

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

Yes they do. But its not a big issue since you must test sd ammo types anyway before relying on it and with a 380 you should be running fmj which runs fine in any 380 including glocks.

15. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

My thoughts exactly.

If I lived somewhere where getting ahold of a pistol was such a lengthy headache, Glock's simplicity, durability, and commonality of supporting parts and accessories is something that could be a swaying factor. It would be advantage Glock for me, but I'd investigate many others...including revolvers if something like a 38sp or 327mag was an option.

Bersa is also a good suggestion. I'd imagine they'd be among the more affordable and best served brands in the OP's neck of the woods.