Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
34,605 Posts
Let her try them both if you can find them to rent. She needs to decide what she likes best.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
S&W Bodyguard

Your Welcome
THIS! Great gun, it's my wife's first pistol and she loves it. Took a bit to get but with the AR craze you may get lucky finding one.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I just sold my Keltec P3AT. It jammed almost every time we tried to shoot it no matter what type of ammo we put in it. That thing was a piece of crap. I highly recommend against that model.

·
Registered
957 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I just sold my Keltec P3AT. It jammed almost every time we tried to shoot it no matter what type of ammo we put in it. That thing was a piece of crap. I highly recommend against that model.
I guess I got a good one :) I've got several thousand rounds through mine without any problems.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just curious, why the .380? No problems with it myself but is it a matter of size or concealment? The felt recoil on most .380's is going to seem worse due to their straight blowback nature. I see a lot of guys assume they should start out their wives and girlfriends on a .380 because it is smaller but that doesn't mean it is easier or more pleasant to shoot.

The Ruger LC9 and S&W Shield are both good 9mm alternatives that give a little more firepower and are still going to fit a smaller hand just fine.

That said, the Bersa Thunder often gets good reviews across the spectrum for a .380.

·
Registered
223 Posts
bring her to the gun shop and let he rpick out what she gravitates towards. That's what my wife and I did. I'd schooled her on all her options and explained tnos of stuff, and as sono as she got to the shop, she tried a couple semis I'd earmarked for her. She hated them. She doesn't like the mechanics of a semi, so she started trying revolvers. She's far more confident with the revolver she bought, and is actually willing to shoot it, as opposed to the semis which would have rotted in the safe or turned into my BUG.
The gun your g/f hates is the gun she won't use. A gun you won't use is a dandy paperweight ;).

·
Registered
957 Posts
bring her to the gun shop and let he rpick out what she gravitates towards. That's what my wife and I did. I'd schooled her on all her options and explained tnos of stuff, and as sono as she got to the shop, she tried a couple semis I'd earmarked for her. She hated them. She doesn't like the mechanics of a semi, so she started trying revolvers. She's far more confident with the revolver she bought, and is actually willing to shoot it, as opposed to the semis which would have rotted in the safe or turned into my BUG.
The gun your g/f hates is the gun she won't use. A gun you won't use is a dandy paperweight ;).
This, my wife and I did this and she walks out with a j-frame wheel gun, yea it's more expensive but it's a much *better* gun :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.