380 for my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Bump4ever, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Bump4ever

Bump4ever New Member

I'm debating between Bersa or a Kel-tec , she has small hands, just wondering?

2. Squawk

Squawk New Member

S&W Bodyguard

Your Welcome

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Not a fan of either but i'd go with the Bersa-
    Had one & it ran 100% with anything i put in it-

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Let her try them both if you can find them to rent. She needs to decide what she likes best.

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

THIS! Great gun, it's my wife's first pistol and she loves it. Took a bit to get but with the AR craze you may get lucky finding one.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

^^^^^ This.

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I just sold my Keltec P3AT. It jammed almost every time we tried to shoot it no matter what type of ammo we put in it. That thing was a piece of crap. I highly recommend against that model.

8. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Don't forget the Diamondback DB380 or the Ruger LCP though.

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I guess I got a good one :) I've got several thousand rounds through mine without any problems.

10. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Just curious, why the .380? No problems with it myself but is it a matter of size or concealment? The felt recoil on most .380's is going to seem worse due to their straight blowback nature. I see a lot of guys assume they should start out their wives and girlfriends on a .380 because it is smaller but that doesn't mean it is easier or more pleasant to shoot.

The Ruger LC9 and S&W Shield are both good 9mm alternatives that give a little more firepower and are still going to fit a smaller hand just fine.

That said, the Bersa Thunder often gets good reviews across the spectrum for a .380.

11. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

There's always a lemon. Unfortunately I got it. Glad you aren't having troubles.

12. therhino

therhino New Member

bring her to the gun shop and let he rpick out what she gravitates towards. That's what my wife and I did. I'd schooled her on all her options and explained tnos of stuff, and as sono as she got to the shop, she tried a couple semis I'd earmarked for her. She hated them. She doesn't like the mechanics of a semi, so she started trying revolvers. She's far more confident with the revolver she bought, and is actually willing to shoot it, as opposed to the semis which would have rotted in the safe or turned into my BUG.
    The gun your g/f hates is the gun she won't use. A gun you won't use is a dandy paperweight ;).

13. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

This, my wife and I did this and she walks out with a j-frame wheel gun, yea it's more expensive but it's a much *better* gun :)