.357 sig

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Gordo323, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Hello,
    Yes I would appreciate any advice on reloading the .357 sig. My problem comes when seating the bullet, about 2 out of every 10 it gets cocked sideways and bends the case.
    I've been reloading for a few years, 40 S&W, 45 Colt, 7mm Rem mag, .223, etc., but these things are just kicking my A$$!
    Thanks for any help!
    Gordo

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

There are several more experienced reloaders here that I'm sure will be along shortly but you could try flaring the mouth just a touch more to help the bullet seat.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

The .357sig is not the best round for reloading, don't know many who regularly reload. I have inquires since it is what I carry and Boxes of Ammo is expensive compared to other rounds.
    I am sure someone with more knowledge will let you know.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Chamfering the mouths may help. Using a 9mm expander to put a slight flare on the mouth will be better. You should be able to stand the bullet in the case mouth with it slightly inside the case as you raise the ram. Slow down a bit a "feel" the bullet into the case. If any increased resistance is felt back it out and start over.

5. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Thanks for all replies. I have been putting a pretty heavy chamfer in the case, but hadn't thought of using my 9mm dies to flare it a little. I'll give it a tey. Thanks again!!!
    Gordo

6. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Yeah I used a 9mm expander die, had to run the expander as low as i could and manually give it an ever so slight bellmouth. Worked great loaded 100 rounds and all worked. I'll go see how they shoot this weekend. Thanks much for the tip!
    Know of any one that makes a .357 sig expander die? I can only find 2 die sets.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Did you fire them off yet? If so, how did they do?

8. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Yeah, shot fantastic! I found and bought a .357 sig expander die online, usually I try to support my local gunshop, but in this case you educated me and I educated my gunshop!
    .357 sig is fast and fun bullet to work with!!!!!!
    Appreciate the advice!

9. nevadajohn

nevadajohn New Member

Lee makes an expander die.

10. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

For an expander you shouldn't need one for 357sig as the 357sig uses 9mm bullets so the 9mm expander is proper.