357 magnum for home defense

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Bootsdeal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Bootsdeal

Bootsdeal New Member

I have always used a 357 for home defense. However, I now live in an apartment and wonder if this is too much gun, as it could penetrate walls and endanger others. Would fragmentation loads be better and are they adequate for personal defense, and if so at what range do they become ineffective? I've no experience with them, so input is greatly appreciated.

2. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

well here is the round you need. Its a hornady critical defense

here is the website you need to see the round for your gun:
    Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Handgun :: Choose by Caliber :: 357 Mag :: 357 Mag 125 gr Critical DefenseĀ®

and

here is the video you need to watch to become a complete believer!:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhXSTqV0CT4]YouTube - Hornady Critical Defense ammunition[/ame]

this bullet will make your 357 mag safe to use as a self defense in your appartment. it will kill the **** out of who ever comes in unwelcome and wont go through walls after words. hope this helps.

3. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

4. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

for me personally if my life or my families lives were in danger i wont care how bad the ol' ears would be ring or how bright the flash was. you gotta do what you gotta do.:cool: thats "my" personal opinion though.

but i agree with you on the 38spl idea.