Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a good handgun and I want to either get a Glock 34 or 21 I'm looking for good stopping power, accuracy, and most fun to shoot.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So I'm looking for a good handgun and I want to either get a Glock 34 or 21 I'm looking for good stopping power, accuracy, and most fun to shoot.
>>stopping power - all guns have this. Shot placement is the most important thing. Also realize that no matter the round some people just won't stop right away.

>>accuracy - this one is all on you

>>fun - up to you

Basically shoot them all, pick the one that fits. These are all factors you decide.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
The 34 is hard to beat as a very shootable gun. The lighter disconnector makes for a better trigger. The long sight radius helps in accuracy, and 9mm is much more afoardable to practice with. It's a long pistol and would be fine for home defense, but carry could be a challenge unless you are big.

The 21 is an excellent pistol as well.

USMC-Hat made a good suggestion on the 35. You could buy a Lonewolf 9mm Barrel and drop it into the 35 and get some 9mm mags and you would have a 40 or a 9mm depending on your needs at the time.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
SSGN_Doc said:
The 34 is hard to beat as a very shootable gun. The lighter disconnector makes for a better trigger. The long sight radius helps in accuracy, and 9mm is much more afoardable to practice with. It's a long pistol and would be fine for home defense, but carry could be a challenge unless you are big.

The 21 is an excellent pistol as well.

USMC-Hat made a good suggestion on the 35. You could buy a Lonewolf 9mm Barrel and drop it into the 35 and get some 9mm mags and you would have a 40 or a 9mm depending on your needs at the time.
That's what I have is the G35 and I bought the LWD conversion barrel!! Works out great if you don't want to waste the .40 cal at the range.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 21 for many years its a fine handgun ammo is more pricey great stopping power.That being said i dtill think i want a 34 for the range lol. be warned they are addicting i got my wife a 19 for christmas and my 11 year old grand baby wants one now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts