338 Lapua Magnum Brass

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Sniper03, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Recently started loading for my Savage Model 111 338 Lapua Magnum.
    So thought it would not hurt to ask if there is anyone who shoots a 338 Lapua Magnum on the Forum that does not reload. And what they are doing with their once fires spent brass. I might be interested in some at a fair price. I am using Lapua and Hornady Brass at the present time.

Thanks

2. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

You'll be hard pressed to find folks with a 338 Lapua that don't reload. I got mine and just ordered 200 rounds of brass from Midway USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. Sniper03

I certainly understand that! I also ordered my 40 Rounds of Hornady 338 Brass from Midway USA! And reloaded the 20 Lelier & Bellott once fired casings I had fired that I got with the Rifle. Did have to trim them but not surprising all the power the rifle has. I will be shooting Hornady 250 gr. Match Bullets first time out.
    What rifle do you have? And what loads are you using?

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

keep a VERY close eye on case volume. two methods. fill with water weigh the water weigh the cases as they decrease in weight or increase in volume this is an indicator of case wall thickness decreasing.

if it gets too thin you will have case ruptures. case ruptures with very large cartridges is pretty nasty.

5. Sniper03

JON,

Will do! Thank You!

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

:DI used to punish my self and do penance for my sins with big rifles too.:(

But the parish priest forgave me and now I shoot my nice little soft recoiling .30-06:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D