338 Lapua Long Distance Ballistics!!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Grizzdude, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

Hi guys, made a short video showing the ballistic power of lead core vs solid copper rounds in the 338 Lapua. I did testing at 500 yards and 1000 yards. I hope you guys enjoy the video and please let me know what you think! Thanks

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbO1EdGa6kg[/ame]

2. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

lead free solids have been used by dangerous game hunters for a while now. ive got about 20 tungsten cored solids 500grain .458 from the 80's made by sierra

but if you need penetration a flat point solid is hard to beat. the problem with a spire point is it deflects in soft tissue. if you need straight through penetration use a solid with a flat tip.

4. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

I love seeing the actual bullet shockwave lol

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

One reason I bought heavy into Barnes 7mm 140 and 160gr bullets when they moved from XFB to TSX, still the same bullet, .28 a bullet instead of .74. I've got enough for my lifetime. Great video, great shooting!!!!!

6. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Great video and pretty eye opening. I have the same BA110.
    What scope are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

7. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

Thanks for watching! The scope is a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 in mil/mil

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Nice work. What did you make the Vid with? You might want to invest in a wind screen or pop filter for the mic. I have a mike for my i devices that came with one. $34 bucks...
    I actually want a 338 Lapua, but the two Semi's on the market are $6200 and $6800 respectively. May get a a bolt one, for less then $2500, but if it comes down to the rifle or paying off my 10th Annv. Alaska Cruise, you know which one keeps my wife happy,..

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk