.327 fed mag

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by spenc, Dec 31, 2011.

1. spenc

spenc New Member

Any one use this round for ccw? If so how do you like it? It appeals to me bc you get plus one over .38/.357. I am thinking of getting a snubby in .327 for ccw what do you guys use/recommend?

2. spenc

spenc New Member

Anyone use .327 federal magnum?

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Not a big population for this caliber.

It's a good round...380acp in weight, 357mag in velocity. A Ruger SP101 in 327mag would be pretty cool in my opinion. The problem is that ammo is pretty limited, and thus expensive. For most people gaining an extra round of capacity won't negate the extra $$ for ammo vs the massive versatility of a 357m/38sp.

4. spenc

spenc New Member

Ok cool thanks for your input. Probably not worth it then if ammo is expensive and hard to get, for a ccw gun anyway.

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

The guns chambered for .327 mag will also chamber and fire .32H&R mag,.32S&W long and .32S&W,so you have alot of ammo choices and the S&W variants of ammo are not that expensive.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

It's a round answering a question that was never asked. Stick with a 38 or 357.

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Yeah, but sometimes those answers result in some neat little rounds. I like my 357sig. Can't say it's super practical or even necessary, but it's a fun and effective round.

I've never shot a 327mag, but I've heard they might be a nice alternative as a women's carry gun. Maybe an SP101 with CT grips in the purse?

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I feel the same way about 40S&W and 357 Sig....I don't care for either. My wife carries an SP101 in 357 loaded with hot 38s and she's good with it. I'd much rather carry a bigger, heavier bullet that has stood the test of time over a push to bring back a dead round(32H&R died years ago).