.32 Rimfire Need Help !

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by hreeves, Oct 29, 2013.

1. hreeves

hreeves New Member

My friend recently purchased a .32 rim fire revolver . On the side of the barrel it says Pat. April 6 1875 . It has a serial number at the base of the handle "1734". On the top of the barrel it says Bulls eye. It's all chrome or nickel with very little damage ( couple scratches ) . It is a 6 shooter and loads from the side .It has a spur trigger and a dark wood grain handle . I would like to know more about it and maybe a estimate of what it would be worth . Thank You for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated .

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Prior to the age of political correctness, there was a type of inexpensive single action revolver, usually in .22 or .32 rimfire- known as a "suicide special". Made by dozens of makers (Hopkins & Allen was responsible for a lot of them)in the US, and dozens more in Belgium. Usually nickel plated. Many are truly antique (made before 1-1-1899) and are not regulated as firearms by the Feds. Value is driven by condition. Typically $100-$150.

Might look something like this- bullseye.jpg

By the way- I see that was your first post- Welcome! Glad you found your way to us. When you get a moment, stop by the intro thread and say hello.