.32 Rimfire ammo?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by spittinfire, May 10, 2008.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Hey Guys, My grandfather has a .32 rimfire rifle that belonged to my great grandfather. My grandfather was able to find some ammo for it a number of years ago but hasn't been able to find anything in recent years. I did some research on the rifle and found that it was made in the 1880's if I remember correctly which matched the point in his life that my great grandfather bought it. Anyway, it doesn't get used for anything but it has been maintained and every once in a while we like to get it out and squeeze off a few rounds. Does anyone know where we can get some? I've looked online as well as at local shops with no luck. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to start hitting up the gun shows, swap meets and flea markets to find some. If you guys know of a source let me know. Thanks!

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

That's probably your best bet. Old West Scrounger is a good source for obsolete ammo, but they don't have any right now. Navy Arms is said to have had it at one time, because they had a gun chambered for it. You can try contacting them and see if they still have any. NA now owns OWS, so maybe they don't. Here's a link to a website for a gunshop in Indiana. He seems to have some type available.

I did notice there is .32 rimfire available from Southern Ohio Gun, but it says it's for derringers. I have no idea if it would work in your rifle.

Good luck.

3. spittinfire

Thanks for the information, I'll have to check them out.

4. peacemaker

peacemaker New Member

.32 Rf

Navy Arms in NJ. had it or has it. The owner died a few years ago but I still think it's around a good size company did much importing

5. 2gun

2gun New Member

Souther Ohio Gun Has some It is new mfg not cheap and you have to buy a certin amount. I have some here and I will figure out the cost of a single box + shipping if you want.

6. spittinfire

I would interested in a box or two depending on the price. Let me know. Thanks!

7. 2gun

2gun New Member

They would be $37.00 per box and what ever it cost to ship them via the post office

8. RielCanadianCowboy

RielCanadianCowboy New Member

Hey 2gun I would be interested in a bunch of that ammunition if you've still got some.

-HB

9. 2gun

2gun New Member

I have 5 Bx left and no other potential buyer's. I wouldn't mind keeping 1 or 2 Bx for pastarity. so 3 are available.

10. rww727

rww727 New Member

32 short rimfire

I also have an old Stevens 32 single shot taht belonged to my Great Grandfather. Do you still have any ammunition available or know where I can locate some?

Thanks

11. spittinfire

12. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

Saw your post and thought this would be a good place to post a warning. IT IS A FELONY TO SHIP LIVE AMMUNITION THROUGH THE U.S. MAIL. It is illegal to ship OR recieve. The only option is ups.

13. Cabal

Cabal New Member

Hi 2gun, do you have any of the .32 rimfire ammo left for sale? If so, I would like to buy some from you. Please let me know. Thank you.

14. Dave Gafvert

Dave Gafvert New Member

32 RF Ammo

Hi. I have a number of spur trigger revolvers in 32RF. The company that made them for Navy Arms and others has stopped making them for 5 years in order to produce military ammo. If you do find some the asking price will be around 65.00 ! :eek:
    I just lucked out and bought 50 rounds (shorts) from a guy selling ammo on
    gunboards.com. I paid 30 bucks for them:D i would suggest you start looking on sites like this and you too might get lucky. I am a antique pistol gunsmith
    have had alot of my customers looking for the 32RF and 41RF ammo. Dave

15. spittinfire

I've been searching online with no success lately. If I could find 50 for $65 I'd be all over it. All I've been able to find is double that price.

16. Dave Gafvert

Dave Gafvert New Member

32 RF Ammo costs

WOW!! I had no idea that it went that high. Would you post the site, I would like to see it. Dave

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  17. spittinfire

I sent it to my dad yesterday as a joke and he told me to keep an eye on it for him. Starting price for a box of 50 is $125 + shipping. He wants it for my great grandfather's rifle, 1880's vintage but still shootable. We don't shoot it often but would like to every once in a while for kicks. At that price you're talking $2.70ish a round!!
    I don't know Dave, you've only got 2 posts, how do I know you wont snipe it at the last minute?

18. Dave Gafvert

Dave Gafvert New Member

32 RF Ammo

Hi Spittenfire. "Snip it" ?? I am a antique pistol smith and I have 250 rounds
    of Navy Arms 32 RF shorts and longs. there is NO WAY I would pay 125 bucks
    for a box of ammo. You can reload the 32 rim fire, check it out on the net.
    also Dixie Gun works sell hand made cases the are set up to exccept a 22 blank as a primer. I also bought up 500 41 RF ammo as I some times carry a
    " Swamp Angel ". My email adderss is " paulines52@hotmail.com" I will give you more info, on this subject.
    Check out my posts on GunBoards.com. I make a number of antique ammo that are no longer on the market.

Dave

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  19. spittinfire

Hey Dave, thanks for the info. I'll definately pass that on and give it a look. I'll shoot you an email once I have a chance to come up with a few questions, I'm sure I'll have some.

20. Dave Gafvert

Dave Gafvert New Member

32 RF Reloading information.

Hi Spittinfire and all you in need of 32 RF ammo. Here tis. punch in "Reloading rimfire ammo" you will have all the info, you need, Just for the fun of it I reloaded some 41 RF ammo and used a 395 round ball and made a sleve to push it through to size it to fit the case and loaded it with Clean Shot FFFG powder. It worked just like factory ammo,you would use a 312 round ball. And compress the powder charge with a WOODEN pin. Use a S&W 32 seating die to crimp it. Not bad for an old fart. :D

Cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009