30mm scope rings

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Edom505, May 16, 2011.

1. Edom505

Edom505 New Member

I have a marlin model 60. I would like to mount a 30mm scope on it. I have purchased some Millett 30mm steel scope rings model TP00708 and they dont tighten up. Am I missing something? Has anyone had any luck with 30mm scope rings?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Edom,

If I am not mistaken your Marlin Model 60 has the grooves cut in the top of the receiver for the scope rings to clamp on to? If that is so, the 30 MM Scope Rings or the 1" Standard Scope rings that do not have the smaller 22 rifle clamping system will not work. I do know they make 1" rings for the 22 rifles with the machined grooves on the top of the receiver. I am not aware of anyone who is making the smaller 22 clamping system for a 30mm Ring Set. The 30 MM and the standard 1" Ring Set requires the standard mil-spec picatinny rail to clamp on to. If you want 30MM Rings to mount on this rifle you will have to get with a "competent" Gunsmith and see if it is possible to drill and tap the top of the receiver for a standard mil-spec picatinny base to be mounted on the receiver?

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

You can adapt from the .22 rail to picatinny. That is what I did when I put a 1inch scope on one of my .22's. They just clamp on like a .22 ring would and you attach the 30mm rings to that.

4. Edom505

Edom505 New Member

5. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

I put the one-piece mount linked below on my Marlin 60 late last year, it was the 1" tube version though. No adapter needed for 1" or 30mm tube scopes, the one below is for your 30mm and don't let the low price fool you. It's a great one-piece scope mount.

The BLK mount you linked looks like it will do the job too.

UTG Leapers Accushot 1-Pc Mount w/30mm Rings, Medium, 3/8" Dovetail. SCOPE MOUNTS.

Weaver rail/mount?? There are a lot of rings, mounts and scope bases for rimfire dovetails well as the adapters to covert to the Weaver or Picatinny mounts to use both 30mm and 1" tube scope rings. There's a better selection in 1" but the 30mmm guys still have some options.

This one is specific to Marlin semi-auto's, but there are other rifles it will fit and other mounts available, no gunsmith required. Using a 30mm scope on a rimfire is as easy as buying the right set of rings, scope mount and/or base adapter.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. Edom505

Edom505 New Member

Wow! Thanks Eric, hard to believe it is less than $15. So inexpensive I just ordered one just in case the other one doesn't fit.

7. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

You're welcome. I was a little surprised too when it arrived, it's solid mount for the dovetail and is supplied with some good hardware. I had a problem with my scope creeping back with the 60 and this mount stopped it when nothing else would. It's also been popular on the Rimfire Central forum.