308 normal price?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Marthor, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I don't have any 308, but the Ruger Gunsite and Springfield M1A are both in the top 4 of guns I want to get next.

I was just curious if anyone remembers what the going rate for 308 ammo was before the market went crazy. Assuming the market returns to normal in a year or 2, I want to figure out how much it'll cost me to get into a new caliber.

2. tri70

tri70 New Member

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Post Obama, when you weren't being gouged, but pre-Sandy Hook it was possible to buy some surplus and Russian .308 for mid-upper $0.30's per round and other surplus and new brass ammo between low $0.50's but up to almost $1.00/round if you were buying U.S. made match ammo.

Before Obama everything, everywhere, was all a level less expensive of course and it's going to continue to get worse across the board...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  4. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Off topic, but I noticed the OP's signature. Why would anyone want to post a list of of all the firearms they own on Facebook? That's like giving a burlar a shopping list.
    ct

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe he is patient but short on range targets?
    ;)

6. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Since I'm stationed in CA, I stored half my guns out of state. I miss my AR-15.

...and if anyone wants to stop by my house for a burglary, I pass out free bullets 24/7 for the occassion. :rolleyes:

7. cottontop

cottontop Guest

?

Just asking. Now I know, I guess.
    ct