308 like ive never seen before

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Leavingplatoscomphycave, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ok so i ordered 1000 rounds .308 wolf WIN and only 500 WOLF came and the other 500 came in battle packs and they say on them:

AB 22
    200 PATRONE,
    7,62 MMx51, DM111,
    WEICHKERN
    LOS DAG93MO416

the bullets themselves are like silver (im not sure if you can tell in the pics) and the primers are outlined with green and they seem to have 3 small crimps that keep the primer in. are these re-lode able? why are they silver? whats with the green outline on the primer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

The green outline might just be a seal.
    Your pic's didnt work.
    Thats all I have.
    Im sure someone more knowledgeable will help you out.

3. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Without pics I'll take a guess that you have German 7,62 NATO rounds.
    The "silver" bullets are most likely steel jacketed. (check them with a magnet)
    Most likely Berdan primed, so not easily reloaded. And yes, the green lacquer like substance is a primer sealant to help prevent moisture from getting inside the cases.

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

German DAG is good stuff, but is magnetic and Berdan primed. Much better than Wolf. Actual NATO issued ammo.

5. deth502

deth502 New Member

yup, its german, but ive heard that a lot of the german stuff is corrosive. not sure about the 308.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The German 7.62x51 is non-corr, but the Czech IS corr.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The bullets are Cupro-Nickle jacketed and not steel. They will be slightly attracted to a magnet. They will not harm your bore. DAG is good quality banging ammo, better than Wolf for sure.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

just dont shoot em at james bond he will deflect them with his watch then your screwed...

9. thanks

thanks for the help although i was hoping for something along the lines of armor piercing super expensive badass round
    :rolleyes: