.303 into a .338 Lapua Stock

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Deuce, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Deuce

Deuce New Member

This is my first post on this site, and was hoping that some of yall would be willing to help me with this little project of mine.

I bought this old 1948 No 4 MK I "T" .303 British Enfield rifle that I bought from a local shop that I've been shooting and messing around with, and while watching the Military Channel one night I got alittle wide eyed. And was wondering if I could put my .303 into an Accuracy International .338 Lapua stock. I know that I probably can not just drop it straight into the stock, but would there be any way that I could modify the stock to where my .303 receiver and action would fit in the Lapua stock.

Or is this just a wonderful Idea that can never be achieved. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank yall, Deuce.

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

3. Deuce

Deuce New Member

There really is no reason other than I just want to. But after you saying it could cost 1k or more, that just makes it a dream that I probably not gona be able to do.

But I thank you for the help.
    Deuce.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You have a T and want to modify it? You sir are crazy. A No4 T (sniper) is very hard to come by and worth allot of cash. JMHO
    Edit: info http://www.snipercentral.com/no4mk1t.htm

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Please don't do anything to a No4 (T), especially if it has the original Mk32 scope. The (T) is not super rare, but the glass is hard to find.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hop over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

7. Deuce

Deuce New Member

No mine did not come with the scope or the cheek pad, which kinda disappointed me, and I have not been able to find a OEM cheek pad.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Whew. There are some cheek rests out there made to original specs, but I have not seen them with screws.

The scope is another matter. They made more rifles than they did scopes so finding a spare Mk32 is TOUGH. The rifles shoot great though. Holland & Hollland did the conversions to the (T) from standard No4's that passed inspection. Then they went back to be re-barrelled and scoped.

I have one and love it, though I don't shoot it much. I probably ought to sell it. Ha.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

In answer to the original question-yes it is possible but not practical. I would advise against it unless you REALLY want it. The stock will have to be re-engineered for the rifle.

10. Deuce

Deuce New Member

After talking to yall I have decided to not change my .303, I'm going to keep it original.

I would like to find one of those cheek pieces so it will make it alittle easier to see through my scope.

Would any of yall know where I could get one?

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Try Sarco, IMA, and Numrich for the cheekrest. Does your stock have the screw holes in it?