300 blackout

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mountainman13, Nov 15, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Anyone have one? I'm thinking of building one. Will cost me about $700.

2. Car54

Car54 New Member

Don't let my wife know (actually she knows, she just likes to gripe about me buying stuff), but I have 2 that are built, a 9 1/2" SBR/Pistol upper waiting for a tax stamp, a suppressor in FFL prison waiting for the tax stamp, and I just received a 10 1/2" barrel today for another one down the road.

I love em. All my other stuff has taken a backseat to the Blackouts, I rarely shoot anything else anymore. If you can build one for $700 you are doing good. I have a PSA, a CMMG, and a Core15,

The neat thing about them is a barrel change is all that's necessary and now you're flinging .30 cal rounds downrange. Ammo prices are dropping and more places are carrying it. It's a reloaders dream because you can use .223 brass. The only downside is that it isn't a distance shooter. Best at 200 yards in, okay to 300 yards with a lot of bullet drop.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm telling her!!!!! [​IMG]

4. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Are you using a pre or post ban lower?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'll be using a post ban. The one our manufacturer makes. I'll be buying two in the next week because we just ordered 60 and they cost me....well...trade secret. Lol

6. FullautoUSA

Now you have to comply with the Romney bans though.

7. FullautoUSA

This is kind of off topic but its something that I've been wondering, can ffl's in ma get post 86 dealer samples of full auto's?

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The Romney bans? You mean no flash suppressor,folding stock or bayonet lug? Who cares? I'll pin the stock,put on a muzzle break and chop the lug off. I don't care. I'll still use my pre-ban mags and I'll pick up a couple blocked pmags just to screw with the range officer on duty, oh wait I'm a range officer, nevermind. Lol

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I think so. Not something I've really looked into though. Kinda pointless when you know people with full autos anyway.

10. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

What's the difference between a pre-ban and post-ban lower? And what ban? a state law or federal ban?

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Technically the awb is still in effect in Ma.

12. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh got it thanks.

So if there's another ban it will be AWBII so then we'll have pre AWBI and pre AWBII firearms :rolleyes: LOL

13. msup752

msup752 New Member

Back to the 300 BO question, I have a PSA 300 upper and it works great with subs and supers. Although, without legal SBR's and suppressors, the 300 looses a lot of its advantages over the 5.56. It shines with efficiency out of short barrels and with subsonic ammo for suppressors.
    The 300 is also lacking efficient bullets that will expand at the slower velocities. I'm sure that will come with time.

I have a lower ready for a pistol build (SBR's Arne the only NFA items still illegal here under state law) and waiting for a can under a trust. If my trust passes BATFE scrutiny, I'll order my rifle can.

It cost me about $130 for extra reloading equipment to convert 5.56 cases. I bought the dies, trimmer and harbor freight cutoff tool for that $. I still need annealing gear.

14. FullautoUSA

When does it sunset?

15. Car54

Car54 New Member

Thanks a lot BUDDY! What the heck did I ever do to you?::confused:

Hey, you know her, the bark is worse than her bite. It's a thing she has about the need to be the boss.

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Never.....

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hey BUDDY, save me one of those lowers. Uhhhh....I think.....uh....I need to build a 300. [​IMG]

18. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I hope to have (ssshhh.. D!11!NG3R ) over once he finishes his.

19. Car54

Car54 New Member

One benefit that I enjoy is that the supersonic round makes a great hog/deer 30 cal. projectile in an AR platform within 200 yards, where I do all of my hunting. Later, when my suppressor and SBR are approved, I'll use those when I'm stand hunting. By then there should be some subsonic rounds that have some expansion.

20. FullautoUSA

It's permanent, can another governor repeal it?