300 blackout build...

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by watchjonbeep, Jul 27, 2013.

1. watchjonbeep

watchjonbeep New Member

I am building a 300 blackout pistol for now and waiting on paperwork to sbr it... My question is about optics. I love aimpoint optics but how accurate would an aimpoint be on a 300 black? I know eotech makes one specificity for the 300 so that's why I'm asking...

2. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

The main purpose of the 300 BLK specific reticles is for shooting subsonics at longer distances. Many people use Micro T-1's on their 300 BLK SBR's, it works very well for that application. Until you get your paperwork back, it's not like you're going after distant targets without a stock.

3. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a vortex Strikefire on mine. It is sighted in at 50 yards but I shoot 150 gr super and 220 grain subs out to 200 yards with it. Subs are less common as sub powders are still scarce. Either way, I hit what I aim at with no issues. Subs drop a bit more at 200 but that is an easy head calculation to adjust. I'd wager it is even faster than finding a hold point in a scope under 200 yards.
    Red dots are not precise and I do not get tight groups with mine but all are center mass out to 200.
    If you intend to go past 200 and switch between subs and supers, a 300 Blk tuned optic would be useful.