.300 AAC Blackout

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dillinger, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Found out a ton of info from AAC DIRECTLY today.

Very impressive, and very cool.

If you have ANY AR-15, and are looking for a harder hitting, SHTF solution for not a lot more money, you need to wait through the weekend.

Scubie, DrJason and I have some cool information to share.....

JD

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have to wait all through the weekend. That is not even fair. I have been good for at least two days.:D

3. freefall

freefall New Member

Are you at the Shot show JD?

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

yeah he is but he is being bad and not sharing.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yes. Tomorrow is the last day and I fly out at 1600.

Too much to type from my phone and I want to give you guys the facts.

I will say that a ".300" conversion will be in my 2011 gun budget.

JD was impressed....

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I just heard that Vegas was out of alcohol. Ran out because of 3 guys...I wonder who they were? :D

7. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

Cool! I have been looking at this for my first build!

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I got on the wagon last year. Just waiting for the big brown truck. I look forward to hearing what you've found out.

9. Shihan

Good grief, I need info? You're hotel not have WiFi? You forget Laptop at Home?
    What do you think suppressed or not?

10. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Good to know. I will finish my first ar next month. lucky me i get a fat bonus for reenlisting and it will be game time for some new guns. lookin at a .300 black out but cant find ammo for them?

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Are you back yet JD? We're still waiting... :p

Seriously, hope you had a great time in Vegas!

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Waiting for a shuttle to the airport now, so I will answer what I can in that time.

This round was developed by AAC for an "all call" from the military.

The main idea was that the MP5/SD series is great. Until the bad guys find out you are there and start shooting back. Than you want high impact....

Continued due to shuttle

13. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

Remington is producing the 300blk round. You can also get the die set and brass for reloading.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Have a safe flight, JD!

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thanks Quentin. :)

So the military wants rifle firepower in a suppressed format that is cheaper than the HK edition, more familiar, and about the same size.

AAC comes out with this new round that is basically a cut down .223/5.56 brass with a .308 bullet in it. Suppressed, it is 3 to 4 inches longer than the HK, but the noise reduction is within 3dB, but at three times the impact of the round!! Talk about crazy awesome....

Problem: everything is being designed for a 9" barrel. That requires NFA stuff for you and me (I.e. - SBR paperwork and a tax stamp)

More to follow.....

16. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

How much are we talkin for the tax stamp on a sbr rifle and a silencer? i want one of these even if i couldnt get a silencer for it!

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Easily suppressed, reliable, prooven AK power in an AR.

$200 for the tax stamp each for the lower and silencer. Then a few hundred minimum for the silencer and whatever it costs to have an existing lower engraved.

18. Shihan

Who do you pay for the Tax Stamp? Will the Dealer handle that or is it something done separate? I would like to go suppressed, it would be different from just having a bayonet. :D

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The stamp is $200 per item. The stamp to SBR the lower will cost $200. The stamp that allows you to purchase the suppressor will also cost you $200. I do believe the dealer will help you fill out the paperwork. The best part is the 3-4 month wait. The wait is why I havent sent mine off.

20. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

nice im sure you have to do that for every silencer you want in each calibur too. one of these days i will do that maybe once i get outta komiefornia and back to VA i can start on that one.