30/40 carbine

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by xring3, Nov 16, 2011.

1. xring3

xring3 Member

Photo shows my Krag that I purchased at a farm auction a few years ago. Sadly "bubba" got to the stock and cut about 1 1/2 inches off the butt. He then put a slip-on pad in place. The best thing I could think of to not damage it anymore was to just glue a leather pad in its place. What a shame as there are some very interesting markings on the old stock. In one area you can see where it has rubbed in a scabbard...perhaps when carrying it on horseback.

Attached Files:

2. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I so want a Krag..... (almost as much as a M1)

Is too bad about the stock..... Did they cut the barrel any? or change the front sight?

3. xring3

xring3 Member

The only modifications were to the stock (that was bad enough). The rest of the rifle was left OK.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Ive almost bought a couple of Krags.... Most Ive seen have had cut barrels / stocks, The last one I came across was nice, I almost got it, but had a cut stock and there were plugged holes in the receiver from a scope, it was only $200... :(

5. DunRanull

DunRanull New Member

"Civilise 'em with a Krag!"

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I've always wanted a Krag, but I've never come across one :eek:. Too bad about the stock, but other than that she looks to be in good condition.

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

So, do you go shoot the Krag? If so what do you think of it?

Theres a real nice Krag in a local shop, Its the best one ive seen so far, but its $1,000.
    I was thinking of shooting my old Winchester a few more times and seeing if the shop owner would trade the Krag for my Winnie...

A guy on cregslist has the "bowie" style bayonet for the Krag as well.....