Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Davyboy, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Am thinking buying this 30.06 converted to shotgun. Would welcome any comments or info you guys can provide age etc. Unfortuately the only way I can buy it in UK is as a shotgun nice looking weapon though,

Attached Files:

2. Zacsquatch

Zacsquatch New Member

A 1917 converted to what? a 410. shotgun? Wow... thats new to me..

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Bit more info

P17 .30-06 Eddystone Bolt Action second hand Shotgun (R/H), £320 @ US$477/€353
    Licence: Shotgun, Barrel: 26", Weight: 8 lb.
    Origin: American
    Trigger: Single Trigger, Ejection: Ejector, Serial #:
    Description
    An original P17 (Eddystone) Service Rifle in 30.06 calibre Smooth bored and mag restricted On shotgun certificate Ideal for re-enactors/Philapines or Home Guard Good Condition

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The 1917 has probably got the strongest receiver of any surplus rifle, second only to the Arisaka. It's a damn shame that it's been converted as they are outstanding shooters.

I have no idea of its worth, but if it was properly converted, it would be okay to shoot 410's through.

Good luck and please keep us informed.

BTW, here's a link to my Eddystone project. It was already sporterized, so I did some work on it to make it "mine". ;)

Link: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/1917-eddystone-project-18556/

5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Forgot to say yes its a 410

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh the humanity! Converting pieces of history!?? The good people in "Jolly Old England" need to get cracking and vote out these gun grabbing nut jobs!

7. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

UK guns

Tell me about it Robo but its the only game we got. Gun crime has risen 100 percent since the banning of legal shooters. Dont figure.

8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

As far as collector value goes, it has none. If it worth it to you, by all means, buy it. IMHO the price is a little high, but that based on what I believe the firearm would bring in it's condition here in the States.

At any rate, God save the Queen. Joe

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Hunter

Thanks hunter In my country it is very rare indeed in fact have never seen one converted seen plenty of Lee Enfield 303 converted to 410 but a 30.06 I think I will buy it for the novelty value.

10. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

In my opinion, grab it even though it isnt the same caliber as it originally was built. You would still posess a genuine peice of history and a rifle that helped keep the world free.

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

That's Heartbreaking

Hate to see a fine piece of history converted like that.:(: Sorta like dating a hottie then trying to fatten her up?:eek:
    What do .410's and fat chicks have in common? Apparently allot if it's all you can get.:p Sorry for your plight Davyboy, get what you can!

12. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Question: What type of .410 shell is it converted to? Will it take "standard" plastic/paper shells, or will it require metallic cartridges like the original Enfields?

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My thought's exactly! I'm still sipping coffee and I think I want to cry.

14. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Cartridge

Apparently highpower it will shoot either however plastic would be much cheaper.