3 Shots at 3 Different Ranges

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by The_Kid, Jan 24, 2010.

1. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4hWjaJw10o"]3 Shots; 300, 400 and 600 Yards[/ame]

I splurged today and took a few shots. one being a 600 yarder; I get closer to the center each time... even though I keep missing the steel target or what have I in the center.

But I really need to focus on the 400 yard shot now. If I can get as tight as I am getting at 300 in 4 more shots, then keeping it tight for 4 more, I'll be progressing nicely.

I need to find a 500 yard shot. I think that will help me greatly to progress from 400 to 500 instead of jumping to 600.

One thing I don't like when I take 3 shots or more; my videos are too chopped-up to be as visually pleasing as I would like them to be. Sure I could make 3 videos but that would take me hours to upload.

I am really liking those small targets too, can't wait until I am good enough at 400 to use them.

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

That's some nice shooting there. Howa is a great gun at a great price. Can you do a review of the scope? I considered a Nikko Sterling but decided on a more expensive Nikon.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nothing wrong with that shooting.

Looks like three dead BGs.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Very Nice. Love the way you can follow the trail of the Bullet. Sweet video.

5. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I love this rifle, one of my best purchases.

The Nikko Stirling scope is much better than I thought it would be. The glass isn't as clear as my Bushnell Elite 3200 but it is plenty clear for what I am using it for. I've shot in rain, snow storms, well after dusk and have had no problems seeing my targets.
    It tracks a lot better than my Bushnell does; I went from my 600 shot to the 300 shot and hit what looks to be exactly the same spot as I did yesterday. I love it! I can't get over how well it tracks.

6. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I know! The 600 yard one is the best I've gotten so far at that range. Nice big arch!
    :D

7. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I just know the rifle shoots better than I can, and want to catch up with it. I've gotten a lot better than I have just in the last month... and better yet in the last week, due to trying to be more precise and making each shot important.

Thanks!

8. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

cool....nice shooting and...actually i think the concise video is just right to make your point or show results....

9. utf59

utf59 New Member

I didn't find the video choppy since you were cutting from one distance to another. It seemed natural.

And I also love videos where I can see the bullet trace.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Had to watch the Video again, be cool to see it in SloMo.

11. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

Thanks, everyone!

I also love the trail it produces. I wish I could make a slow motion movie of it, I can only save individual frames to display them, which isn't all that cool without the sound.

I just have to post this video from today.
    When I got to my bench I thought I was going to miss for sure; not just the 4 inch square but the whole target.
    I am figuring a new way to hold my camera in high winds; it'll probably involve a 4x4 driven into the ground.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnfH6aiUui0"]400 yard shot in 35mph winds.[/ame]