3 gun setups... lets see them

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by willfully armed, Sep 30, 2012.

1. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

[​IMG]

Mossberg 930 JM Pro 22"

RRA custom build. 18" WOA SPR 1:8. Smith Vortex brake. LMT SOPMOD. AP CUSTOMS 15" carbon fiber tube. Badger tac latch, RRA match 2 stage trigger. Bushnell 1.75-4x32 in cheap mount(PEPR on the way)

Glock 34 with glockworx springs, v3 connector, full Polish. Custom stipple.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. willfully armed

14 views, and nobody else shoots 3gun...

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice trio. I don't shoot three gun but do keep up my transition proficiency. How do you like the tube with no foregrip?

4. willfully armed

I have never used a foregrip when 3gunning. Don't recollect ever seeing anyone use them.

5. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sorry, I know very little about 3-gun but it sounds demanding and fun. Beyond transitioning between primary and secondary I can't imagine too many real-world scenarios where I'd have more than two.

6. Bidah

Bidah New Member

Well I don't have any pictures of the setup:

Armalite AR-10B A2 .308
    Remington 870 12GA with Nordic Extension
    Sig 1911 Scorpion .45acp with 10rd magazines.

My 11yo runs:
    Rock River 16" Carbine, Nikon M223
    Remington 870 with Nordic Extension
    CZ 75B 9mm with the 19rd Mags

My 13yo runs:
    Rock River Carbine, Aimpoint
    Same 870 shared with younger son
    SA XDm 5.25 9mm

If things go well over the winter I hope to upgrading the boys to a semi-auto shotgun. Either a worked over 1100 or a 930JM if I can find one. I am also looking at the CZ 712..

7. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

I dont have any shotgun pics on my phone but Ill try and get some more pics of all three together later, but here's my setup...
    Also added a pic from last weekend at TigerSwan, where we ran a couple stages in shoot houses(damn fun to say the least)

FN Herstal SLP 22" 8+1
    XDm 4.5 9mm w/ PRP trigger upgrade
    Custom Build AR15( Spikes upper and lower, Spikes BCG, Spikes Nickle battle trigger with JP springs, Stag barrel, troy extremem 13" rail in FDE,badger latch,- troy BUIS, Eotech 511, blue force sling, magpul miad grip fde, magpul fde trigger guard, magpul fde crt stock.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  8. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

This is a good time to ask, what distances and target sizes do you shoot with rifle at three gun events ? Thanks

9. willfully armed

Standard Idpa/ipsc silhouette for pistol out to 25 yards, shotgun is a myriad of targets from the cardboard silhouette with slugs, to bluerock and steel, and rifle out to 400 yards.

Ours is a "renegade" 3 gun. Not exactly adhering to any one set of regulations.

10. mikeg35

mikeg35 New Member

image-1398022215.jpg

image-1722006299.jpg
    My tac optics rifle and pistol. I shoot for Carver Custom, USPSA, just making my way into 3 gun. Waiting on my Bebelli M2 now. :)

11. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

The custom 2011 by Accurate Iron
    [​IMG]

The Benelli M2 customized by Accurate Iron
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Stag Arms 3G

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Benelli M2 XRail
    [​IMG]

The rig
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  12. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

3 Gun Started out as a Tactical combat type training deal with the old soldier of fortune matches back in the 80's. now its a nationally televised fast paced game with guns. It's all about shooting fast and accurate with cutting edge guns and gear.

If you're looking for firearms training that is bette Learned in a tactical class. What the action shooting sports like 3 gun, IDPA or USPSA will teach you is firearms manipulation under the stress that a timed competitive situation puts you in.

The LEO/MIL types I know that play the gun games all agree that competition makes you a better marksman which helps in real world situations.

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

13. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I would love to shoot 3-gun but I can't find any competitions near my city. Therefore, I haven't invested in a Shotgun or AR-15 with which to compete.

14. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Im trying to get into 3 gun but I cant find anywhere near to start.

15. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Same boat. Louisville, Kentucky is a pretty big city with very rural outlying counties, yet the only place I can find that holds 3-gun competitions is almost 2 hours away in Lexington. Sucks.

16. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

17. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

In this area even ranges that have a nice facility for a 3 gun match don't have that many events. Oxford is 33 miles. Oxford was the site of the 2012 IDPA national championship matches. They don't have a 3 gun event on their abbreviated calender. Two other ranges are around 50 miles from here. None of them have any 3 gun events on their calendars. IMO, a 3 gun event will be hard to fill until deer season closes on Jan. 1.

18. Bidah

Bidah New Member

A good friend in SC wants to do 3 Gun, but alas, there is not one single match in his state. Some states are more active than others. From what I have seen of the building of matches out here, you have to take the initiative and get it started, then others follow you lead, and pretty soon you have a bunch of matches.

19. farmrboy

farmrboy New Member

I have two clubs for 3gun/uspsa, but both are 90 miles away. I haven't been to a match since April, still healing from a tractor rollover last May. I'll be ready to run'ngun again by spring. I'll try to get some pics of my weaponry posted this weekend.

Tanfoglio elite limited .40,

Saiga 12 completely rebuilt by me

Custom ar, yhm lower, jard trigger, bbl built to my specs, nikon m223 2-8, and bushnell trs25 on offset mount.

20. willfully armed

Informative?