2nd Monthly (TANGO) Shoot

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by masterPsmith, Jul 11, 2009.

1. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Have not shot yet this month. I got up as the sun was coming up this morning and low and behold, a good morning to go shoot. Weather-overcast, very slight breeze, nice and cool for now. Great weather here in the desert to go shoot.
    Come on guys, lets get out there today and put some holes in some paper today.
    Will post results (good or bad) later.

Jim..................

2. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Well, I see no one has chimed in yet today. I went out about 8:00 am today and set-up my range. By the time I got it set-up, the cloud cover had gone. Had direct sun until I finished about 12:00 and the temp rose to 106 with no breeze. the best shooting rifle of the day wound-up being my Mossberg 144LSB. It was also the last one I shot (sunny and hot hot hot). Will be posting results shortly.

Jim...

3. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Just saw your post.
    Your holes and circles make it look like the moon. :p

But good job nonetheless.

S.S.

4. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Come on guys, it's halfway through the month and not many target postings yet. Lets get out and shoot. I would hate to see this FTF SHOOT die because of lack of participation. I know that I look forward to it each month, as it makes me feel that I belong to something and can get out and have a little fun each month. Lets stoke them .22s up and have a little fun in this otherwise disaster of a country we are living in. Let's not let this shoot die.

Jim.....................

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes, I am a little disapointed at the turn out for these. It is not hard and most of the time fun. I think I am going to nix the inside out target that is too much ammo to be burning up at a target.

6. layton

layton New Member

Well, I went to the range to shoot in a new 45XD, that was the one I said they put a hold on when it came in, well apparently they were just backed up, the background ck cleared yesterday, shot it in at 10/25/and 50yds, it fired 400 rounds with no problem, was real tight at first, but at the end, worked real smooth. Had no problems with it at all, real satisfied with it.

The instructions said the sights were set at the factory course sight picture and it would go where you wanted it to, also said it would shoot low with a fine sight picture, tried both ways and with course bead, it did hit where your sight picture was, and hit low with a fine bead. Got another one to fire in in about 4 weels, that is the free XD45 from Front Sight that they are sending,These are the first new weapons that I have ever bought, the rest were already fired in.

Layton

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Springfield is making .45 rimfires? :eek: There is a range report section.

8. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

It is also one difficult target, those little squares @ 50 yards are decieving little buggers.

Jim.................