2A Amicus brief on HB2 / Open Carry Case - Forming MS Carry.

Discussion in 'Mississippi Gun Forum' started by StogieC, Jul 26, 2013.

1. StogieC

StogieC New Member

We're filing the brief to the Mississippi Supreme Court soon (by Monday). We are also identifying leadership and putting together a package to help start a sister organization in MS to represent your self-defense, defensive weapons, and gun rights. I hope the forum mods will allow this...

Please Join Florida Carry. Once the new "Mississippi Carry" organization is formed, we will give them all the organizational, legislative, legal, and material support needed to get started and thrive, as we have. All membership fees (100%) and member info of Florida Carry members who reside in Mississippi will be confidentially and securely transferred to the new MS Carry organization once setup. If you were at GRPC last year you heard me speak about development of other state organizations. If you couldn't make it, my speech on the topic is on youtube...

We need your membership to bolster our standing with the MS Supreme Court. We do have registered MS members and supporters but more will be most helpful as we assert our standing in filing the amicus brief in support of the RIGHT to bear arms in MS.

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

you might consider getting in contact with Michigan Open Carry Org. They have made some significant inroads in MI WRT open carry.

There's an extremely important case before the MI Supreme Court right now. The court is deciding to either hear or not hear the case. A district library is directly suing the MOC org about open carry. The library has spent several hundred thousand dollars on the case so far. MI law is pretty clear, but apparently not to the district library.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013