26.5MM, 37MM, and 40MM reloading

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ReloadableShellsDOTcom, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ReloadableShellsDOTcom

ReloadableShellsDOTcom New Member

If anyone needs help loading 26.MM, 37MMM, 40MM. let me know I may have some resources you could find helpfull. I run a launcher casing company.

2. m72law

m72law New Member

i reload most my 37mm loads....

is this ''big mikes''? looks like his site

do you have any 37mm shells that take 209 primers?

cause the old 35mm film canisters work great in the CS GAS or BATON shells using B.P.

3. knall

knall New Member

I am very interested in reloading 26.5mm shells. any info would be great

4. ReloadableShellsDOTcom

Sorry for not responding sooner. No, were not "big mikes". We have designed a BP Casings with a stainless cup that uses a large 2 1/2 pistol primer. It has a screw apart base and the stainless powder cup is removable.

5. ReloadableShellsDOTcom

Excellent! Do you have any specific questions? There is many different ways to load 26.5MM casings depending on the style being used. For example, our 26.5MM smokeless casings utilize a 9MM blank vs our old style casings that used a primer and powder chamber. Feel free to check out our website reloadableshells.com in a day or so. I will be posting our load data directly on the site under the specific items.

6. knall

knall New Member

Oh I didnt realise you were a retailer..... I was looking for info on reloading the original 26.5 shells. I have a pile of em.

I need to know what size primer to use, how to get it in there... what kind of powder to use, how much is safe , ect ect.

7. ReloadableShellsDOTcom

The old ones typically use a 209 shot gun primer. You would punch out the old one and put in your new primer. This can get very dangerous and since your new to this I suggest you gather lots of information before proceeding. I suggest you contact Chris Reed with ASA, heres his email: chris@americanspecialtyammo.com He is more involved with reloading those casings and would be more able to provide you with ample information.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

8. MLRDist

MLRDist New Member

26.5 and 37mm Reloading

Knall, the 26.5mm has an odd size primer as I think you already know that. They are not readily available. I carry 26.5mm Black Powder 209 Primer Screw Apart Shells.

M72Law. I have a few different types of 37mm 209 primed shells. I carry the once fired commercial aluminum shells (ALS and DEFTEC). I also have my own line of 37mm Black Powder 209 Primer Screw Apart Shells.

Check out my website at MLRDistributing.com

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to let me know!

Mark

9. ReloadableShellsDOTcom

Knall,
    Smokeless is the way to go, you have a lot less corrosion and cleaning is a breeze.

:mad:As for MLRDist,
    Please don't trash my thread with trying to sell your product. I also produce multiple screw apart smokeless casings for 26.5, 37, and 40MM. I also make CNC machined projectiles and cups some are finned. I am a actual retailer and machine shop with multi-axis CNC machines. Thus, being able to provide the customer a very high quality product at a lower cost.

You can check out MY site: www.reloadableshells.com

10. MLRDist

MLRDist New Member

Not trashing any thread just giving correct 26.5mm information and more 37mm options!

The old 26.5mm shells did not use a 209 primer! They used an odd ball primer that is not readily available.

Another member was asking for 37mm that use 209 primers and I gave him 2 options.

Mark

11. ReloadableShellsDOTcom

Reguardless, Knall if would like to try my casings I'll send you 2 of my 26.5MM smokeless casings for $20 and I'll even cover the shipping. I am very confident they are the best on the market and you will love them. They are very simple to reload and utilize a 9MM casing. You can see them on my site: Reloadableshells.com

12. ewsniper

ewsniper New Member

Quality shells and projectiles.

I can say first hand that the relodable shells and projectiles from ReloadableShells.com are top notch quality! They are well built and the fit and finish are perfect. You will not be disappointed if you order from him.

ReloadableShellsDOTcom, how many reloads can you typically get out of your smokeless aluminum 26.5mm shells? I am just wondering if you have done any "torture tests" to find out when these will reach the end of their usable life?

I don't see why anyone would bother reloading spent (original) 26.5mm cases if we can get 10+ reloads out of the reloadable shells. It is more cost effective in terms of time and effort to just use the heavy duty reloadable ones.

13. ReloadableShellsDOTcom

awesome!

Excellent, we are very glad you are satisfied with our casings. ALL (26.5MM, 37MM & 40MM) of our casings should last a life time with normal use and proper care/cleaning. We guarantee this! As for torture tests, we have tested multiple casings with well over a HUNDRED test firings and still worked perfectly.

14. ewsniper

ewsniper New Member

Thanks!

Thanks, glad to hear that I have something I can pass on to the grandchildren :)

As for the 9mm brass case, should it be pushed in flush to the base of the 26.5mm shell? Or, should it be left slightly protruding in order to ease removal? Also, do you suggest any case lube be used on the 9mm brass case?

15. m72law

m72law New Member

i just purchased 8 once fired commercial aluminum shells from MLRDist.

i like the commercial shells better then the HD copied shells...to me black powder is a little safer when shooting (lower pressures) in the shells...along with the fact i have over 1000+ 35mm film cans. that fit into the commercial shells w/no probs & i know i have loaded,fired & reloaded my commercial shells over 100+ times each one and they still hold the primers tight with no defects whats so ever:D but hate the $5.00 ea.:eek: price tag...where did the $1.00ea.:( prices go?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  16. MLRDist

MLRDist New Member

Law,, thanks for you purchase. The pricing is a supply and demand thing! We used to get the shells for practically nothing. Now with the restrictions on training, not as many are on the market to be had. Price we pay dictates price we charge. Keep an eye on our web site for discounts and other offers. That could save you some money.

Thanks

Mark

17. m72law

m72law New Member

10/4 no biggie mark;)...i notice even brassman.com has gone up and he has only a mix of the shells...the bevel type shells are the best for use with 35mm cans. i've tried the straight walls and they suck!! his prices are pretty good but not worth the risk of getting half/half or 1/4 bevel shells & 3/4 sh@t!!:eek:

brassman use to sell the bevel types for 1.00 ea. of course that was 8 years ago :rolleyes:

18. 209man

209man New Member

Just wanted to say thanks ReloadableShells.com, just got my package in the mail today and thanks for the bonus promo stuff!!

m72law- I'm kinda surprised at what you guys are saying about these products mentioned... First, I would like you to know I've tried pretty much every casing on the market from ReloadableShells.com, MLRS, etc. The used commercial shells I got from MLR and OTHER distributors (not trying to single MLR out) were some of the worst.... Yes, they are cheap but you get what you pay for. Trying to reload those casings gave me a headache. It amazes me you say you got 100+ reloads on those casings because I never got anywhere near that. I could only reload them 3 or so times before they crapped out on me.
    Furthermore, black powder is much more unstable than smokeless powder. Black powder can be set off by direct impact while smokeless cannot. Smokeless powder has alot of pro's over black powder...
    As for the 35MM film canisters, ehhh, they don't go very far. If your only trying to get 30 yards or so, I guess there ok. I got some of ReloadableShells.com's finned projectiles and its a big step up. I got 120+ yards with these finned projectiles. Like I said you get what you pay for. Bump for ReloadableShells.com and their truly quality products.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  19. m72law

m72law New Member

im not saying anything neg. about the heavy duty shells besides i have always liked the commercial type shells because i know they will work great using ''free'' 35mm film cans.i thought black powder (pyrodex ffg) is safer being the pressure is lower in the shell?if your only getting 3 reloads out of your commercial type shells you are either way over charging your load,the shells have been reloaded more than once before you got them,or your launchers chamber is way out of spec.?or maybe i've been lucky when i bought my shells that i've reloaded 100+ times 8 years ago? so maybe the newer commercial shells are not made as good as the old ones?as for the 30yrds on your film cans. you must not be loading them with any weight inside of can.i'll use 50grs. of pyrodex w/chalk n sand mix in a 35mm can & it will fly over 100yards easy!once again im not bashing anyones products on here,i'm just the type of person that dont want to spend 30bucks on one loaded shell...the beveled type commercial 37mm shells that i purchased over 8 years ago might just be made better then the new ones? i hope not,cause if they are i just wasted 50bucks on nothing.we'll see;)

20. knall

knall New Member

I have allready been shooting corosize stuff out of this thing ( geco ) so I am not worried about that. I just hate to toss shells I could be having fun with.

I drilled out a shell and started using these

1 Qty = 36 flare reloads corrosive as hell. But loads of fun to shoot your friends with LOL.

You would have to try it to understand...... its not gonna hurt anybody. Fun for indoors also, just watch out for the water bed!!!