.25acp and .380 pricing?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by UrbanNinja, Apr 13, 2012.

1. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

A curious thought that ive always had and never bothered to ask. So now I turn to my fellow FTFers.

Why are prices of the .25auto and .380 rounds so high?
    Both being a rather small cartridge with an average price around $20/box of 50rds, I cant understand how it is cheaper to shoot larger rounds like 9mm?
    Is it because they are not as commonly used? Is it a supply and demand issue?

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

3. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I do not own a .380 but ive considered one on any occasions as a backup CCW. For the price of ammo though, I cant see myself getting much trigger time to be proficient with it.

I do however use a .25 as a backup. The prices of ammo for that have also skyrocketed.

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

They probably sell 200 boxes of 9m/m to 1 box of 25 acp. Same way with 12 gauge and .410 shells.

5. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

For every box of ammo that does not sell, the cost of storage has to be distributed across the remaining inventory.

6. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

So basically it is about supply and demand as I thought? I think the .25 round is a decent little cartridge. I am surprised there wouldn't be a higher demand, you would think it would be somewhere within the .22lr or 17hmr price range.