24/47 Arrived Today with Pics

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by CA357, Jun 7, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had to drive to W. Sacramento to pick it up from UPS as there was a snafu with the address. I didn't open the box until I got home and I have to tell you, I was blown away. The rifle is in beautiful shape. Of course, I have a bunch of cosmoline to clean up, but that's just part of the deal.

The wood almost looks like oak to me, or at least a similar grain configuration. There are minimal handling marks and one large mark on the left of the stock by the rear sling swivel. The bolt, receiver and stock are numbers matching. The magazine plate is not. The Yugo crest on the receiver is there, but somewhat faint. The bluing is excellent with just some wear around the muzzle. It's hard to see what the barrel looks like as it's full of grease, but from what I can see, the rifling looks pretty strong.

Anyway, the weather is supposed to warm up, so it will be disassembled and get to catch some rays over the next few days.

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. opaww

opaww New Member

gratz on the new member of the family

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Told ya' the Samco products were good. I'm still blown away by how quick you got it. That's one fine looking old rifle!!! :cool:

4. CA357

Thanks guys. The thing is just downright beautiful, I really am most pleasantly surprised and pleased. I was also very surprised at how quickly it was shipped.

Thumbs up to SAMCO on this one. :cool:

5. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

6. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Wow, Don! It is in great shape. Still amazing to me that there are milsurps out there in this condition. I can't wait for the range report.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Makes me want to go and buy more Mil Surps. Great Looking Rifle. Nice get.

8. CA357

Thanks. It'll be a little bit before it hits the range. I don't have anything to feed it yet. :rolleyes:

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Nice gun. There are great milsurps out there, and it's a great

feeling when you come across one.

Enjoy!

10. CA357

Thanks.

On a military surplus forum I found out that the stock is elm and once I get it cleaned up the barrel may even be new.

11. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Elm you say? Man, you don't see anything made of elm anymore after the big die-off a few years back. I guess that's why the grain pattern didn't look familiar to me on that stock. I'm looking forward to your range report when you get the chance to take it out and shoot it. :cool:

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Never fired and only dropped once....Great find, can't wait to see it in person!!

13. Olympus

Olympus New Member

That's a good looking rifle. Are you planning on refinishing the stock you say?

14. CA357

Not in the least. I'm just going to sweat the cosmoline out of it and give it a wipe down. This rifle deserves to remain as is.

15. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Nice looking mauser CA, can,t wait for the Range report.

16. jayguy

jayguy New Member

Nice gun!!!!

17. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You need to take macro pics of the stamp on the left of the receiver, top of receiver, and bolt. An Elm stock is rare enough. Maybe you hit the jack pot.

18. CA357

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The ball on the bolt handle, Please!

20. CA357