Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds about right I mean I would prefer my deer gun to be a howitzer but it's what ever you think will take your game down.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
This seams like a joke. But I will play along in case it isn't. Lets put it this way. Depending on ware you live you might go to jail for using a .50 BMG for that.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I prefer 20mm , you wont have to go looking for them :D Hell you wont find much either

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
.22 is obviously better for squirrel, the most taken game in the US -- a coupla TENS of millions per year. .50 is better for chipmunk, the evil bastards...

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.22 is obviously better for squirrel, the most taken game in the US -- a coupla TENS of millions per year. .50 is better for chipmunk, the evil bastards...
Agreed, I hate squirrel hunting and them things get behind you and start squeaking. 50 BMG in there general area will take care of that problem.

·
Administrator
26,357 Posts
For deer, I usually stick with land mines. It eliminates having to calculate wind speed, leading the deer, etc.

For squirrel definitely go with the .50 cal BMG. Y'know how those little suckers always run to the other side of the tree? NO PROBLEM! Just shoot right thru the tree!

However, I am still trying to find a good caliber for Blue Whales.

·
Registered
820 Posts
For deer, I usually stick with land mines. It eliminates having to calculate wind speed, leading the deer, etc.

For squirrel definitely go with the .50 cal BMG. Y'know how those little suckers always run to the other side of the tree? NO PROBLEM! Just shoot right thru the tree!

However, I am still trying to find a good caliber for Blue Whales.
How come when I shoot squirels with the 50 cal I can't find them afterwards?

·
Administrator
26,357 Posts
For pity's sake, man- don't tell me you are shooting AT the squirrels???

With a 50 BMG, you shoot just OVER the squirrel. Shock wave of bullet passing over them slams them into the ground and causes instant death. No holes in fur, no damage to meat.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You might want to try our way.....use the .50 to knock the tree over and then butt-stock the squirrel with the .22.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts