Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3,618 Posts
.22 is obviously better for squirrel, the most taken game in the US -- a coupla TENS of millions per year. .50 is better for chipmunk, the evil bastards...

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,440 Posts
For deer, I usually stick with land mines. It eliminates having to calculate wind speed, leading the deer, etc.

For squirrel definitely go with the .50 cal BMG. Y'know how those little suckers always run to the other side of the tree? NO PROBLEM! Just shoot right thru the tree!

However, I am still trying to find a good caliber for Blue Whales.

·
Registered
820 Posts
For deer, I usually stick with land mines. It eliminates having to calculate wind speed, leading the deer, etc.

For squirrel definitely go with the .50 cal BMG. Y'know how those little suckers always run to the other side of the tree? NO PROBLEM! Just shoot right thru the tree!

However, I am still trying to find a good caliber for Blue Whales.
How come when I shoot squirels with the 50 cal I can't find them afterwards?

·
Administrator
27,440 Posts
For pity's sake, man- don't tell me you are shooting AT the squirrels???

With a 50 BMG, you shoot just OVER the squirrel. Shock wave of bullet passing over them slams them into the ground and causes instant death. No holes in fur, no damage to meat.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.