.22lr Pistol

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by lallysm, May 16, 2012.

1. lallysm

lallysm New Member

I am buying a new xdm 9mm or cz75 9mm for strictly target shooting but seeing as I am a college student to not break the bank I want a 22 also. I was thinking a Ruger but I dont know which on to get anyone have experiences with the mark 3s

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have the Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target model. very accurate and decently priced. great pistol for either a beginner or a veteran shooter. i paid about $260 for mine. only drawback is, they are so much fun to shoot, seems like you never have enough ammo!

3. lallysm

lallysm New Member

That's good to hear I shoot every week here in college with the club using Mark III's but there are so many I am having a tough time deciding which model to pick from.

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I got a 22/45 with a short barrel to practice with a short sight radius. I’ve put a rubber grip and on it for comfort and to more closely resemble the thickness of my G19. I’ve got a ‘Speed Strip’ kit on order so I don’t have to fight with the main spring, dance with the magazine or with remove the rubber grip, in order to clean it.

If your main interest is bull’s eye or some other completion, and not training for your 9mm, consider one with a longer barrel and replaceable grips and sights that you can change if you want.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

6. lallysm

lallysm New Member

Thanks Gatoragn I think ill give that a try aside from the spring there don't seem to be many complaints.