22lr Carbines

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by SmithKid308, Jul 20, 2011.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Are there any 22lr carbines that are very fun and affordable to the average person

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

3. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Ok and I mean more like a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 22 stuff along those lines

4. moonpie

moonpie New Member

dress up the 1022

5. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

I just got a Smith M&P and was wondering if there were any that are as good or better here's mine

Attached Files:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

So, more "black rifle"/tactical-looking? They have some neat dress-up kits for the little 10-22. There are a few different "tactical-looking" .22 rifles.

7. Tsolo

Tsolo New Member

8. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Thanks may pick that up when I get some money just made a house payment and does anyone know a good sciencler

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

my opinon the current best is the silencerco sparrow 22. its easily user servicable. ive got one for my 22/45 its freekin sweet. get the stainless steel version but its a class3 item so your going to need to find out if your state allows. if it does then find an attorney familiar with nfa law in your state to draw up a trust. once you have that then its finding a class3 dealer near you purchase the silencer submit the paperwork and 200$ for the stamp then wait for it to be approved 6 months to a year wait arent uncommon.

my silencer approval begining to end was 90 days or so. but i had a very good attourney draw my trust up for me. so it went smoothly.

some states dont allow trusts or may still require a cleo signature in such cases you will need chief law enforcement approval etc. few more hoops but doable. thats why you need a good lawyer when dealing with nfa. the batfe does not have a sense of humor for simple errors concerning class3/nfa items.

when it comes to nfa i cannot stress enough how much you should disregard all the rumours and bullsht surrounding nfa law on the web. i cant stress enough how important a nfa lawyer is regarding ownership of a nfa item even if your not using a trust.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  10. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

That's alot of work for a scinecler

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes but its worth it

12. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Would you have to go through the same prosess for another one

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes but if you go trust route and succeed at the first one anything after that sbr or aow or sbs or machinegun or silencer is just filling out the forms. and waiting for the stamp. education from a nfa attorney on your federal and state laws is the key for a smooth purchase.

14. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Marlin 795, precise, fun, and inexpensive!!
    Also a $25 rebate from Marlin on 'em until the end of the year!

I've pimped mine a little...
    [​IMG]

Or you can be a little more inventive and put 'em in P-90 airsoft stock...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Assembly complete!
    [​IMG]

15. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

You got a heck of a gun. Be happy with it.

16. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Is there anything I can do to the Mariln model 60

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yes,

My Marlin 60

18. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

How wild is your imagination??
    BullpupGunStocks.com | bullpup rifle stocks for Marlin brands

Or stick it in a Ramline Folding Stock...
    [​IMG]

I've got a 6 page thread about Marlin 60/795 accessories on another forum...chock full of info :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  19. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

The 15-22's an outstanding Plinker/Target/Varmint Rifle. Here's mine..... modded just a bit:

[​IMG]

I've got it decked out like I want it, and it's my Bench-Shooter, obviously. I recently bought a Sig 522, so I can keep it Stock, and use it as a Standing Shooter. The only add-ons I have are the Vortex StrikeFire Green/Red Dot Scope, and the Pachmeyer Grip Sleeve.

[​IMG]

Both guns have 25 Round Mags, and are extremely fun to shoot! Which do I like better? Both!

Cheers!

BB