Firearms Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took this :

and built this :

the original was a Tactical Innovations "Rebel" (Ruger) Charger - I used the Receiver and the Trigger Assembly - added a Crazy Ivan Chassis and fore Rail, Tyrant Grip, Pike 18" stainless, fluted, 1-9 twist Barrel and a non-descript Receiver Extension (buffer tube) and Stock - had the Bi Pod & Scope

need to get it to the range to see how it shoots - then sight-in the Scope - it's a paper target/bench shooter for my Wife

·
Supporting Member
11,969 Posts
WILD! :D Very Nice!

Reactions: Coyote Ugly

·
Registered
449 Posts
Awesome clean straight etc... Shooter, profile. Whats the scope? A Bush 3-9?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Isn't making a rifle from a pistol receiver a no-no?
I THINK? on a 10/22 receiver as he did is OK TO GO.... But can NOT be changed back to a pistol..

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is that so? What’s the reasoning there?
Well as gun owners with all the problems we have.... I myself would stick together and not police a forum post? On a build? Just my opinion is all. Now be nice , I like you....;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from the ATF website :

Assuming that the firearm was originally a pistol, the resulting firearm, with an attached shoulder stock, is not an NFA firearm if it has a barrel of 16 inches or more in length.

Pursuant to ATF Ruling 2011-4, such rifle may later be unassembled and again configured as a pistol. Such configuration would not be considered a “weapon made from a rifle” as defined by 26 U.S.C. § 5845(a)(4).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but flip the coin :

Can I lawfully make a rifle into a pistol without registering that firearm?

No. A firearm that was originally a rifle would be classified as a “weapon made from a rifle” if it has either a barrel less than 16 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches. If an individual wishes to make an NFA firearm, they must first submit ATF Form 1 (Application to Make and Register a Firearm), pay a $200.00 making tax, and receive approval of the application from ATF before converting the firearm.

·
Premium Member
14,196 Posts
It was sold as a pistol and can be returned to being a pistol by removing the stock. This is why a lot of AR lowers get listed as pistols when bought separately from the upper. If you buy an AR lower list it as a pistol on the form. Stock and barrel length are key. I picked up a Charger at a good price and I have a stock and 16" barrel to make it into a rifle. If I put it in a stock with the 8" barrel it would be an SBR but the 16" barrel makes it a legal rifle. It also has to meet the 26" minimum length.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, this whole pistol to rifle back to pistol is fine, but don't dare shorten a rifle, is ridiculous. The whole AR-15 "pistol" thing is a joke too. Can't put a buttstock on it, because then it's an SBR, but this here "pistol brace" that looks deceptively just like a buttstock is AOK. I'm sure they have a "reason" this nonsense is law, but I'm equally as sure it's just as nonsensical as the law.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It was sold as a pistol and can be returned to being a pistol by removing the stock. This is why a lot of AR lowers get listed as pistols when bought separately from the upper. If you buy an AR lower list it as a pistol on the form. Stock and barrel length are key. I picked up a Charger at a good price and I have a stock and 16" barrel to make it into a rifle. If I put it in a stock with the 8" barrel it would be an SBR but the 16" barrel makes it a legal rifle. It also has to meet the 26" minimum length.
Actually in my opinion anyway when purchasing a AR "lower" the best way to list it is as a "receiver" which is actually what it is LOL

That does not record it as either a pistol OR a rifle. Just my 2 cents

1 - 18 of 18 Posts