.22lr ar-15 pistols

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by FearTheFree7, Oct 6, 2012.

1. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Anyone have one? What brand? I've been looking at them a lot lately and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on them. Thanks

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

You mean AR-15 styled RIFLES chambered in 22lr? I'e got a Mossberg 715T and I love it. I'm sure the higher-end brands might feel more realistic and/or look better, but I didn't buy mine for a realistic look and feel. I didn't want it for a test weapon, I never plan on wasting my money on an AR-15 or anything of the sort, because I don't need or want one. Ammo too expensive and I don't hunt. Mine shoots tight groups, has never had a failure and is the funnest thing I've ever handled. Also, I'm taking it in to have a selective trigger added to it soon. Will be single shot semi, 3 shot burst, and full auto... can't wait!!!!!!!

3. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

No I mean pistols haha. Some brands have short barreled models with no stock that are considered a handgun. Smith and wesson mp 15-22p and umarex HK 416 pistol version are two that I know of.

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Hmmmm. Odd buy okay.

5. OldEagleEars

OldEagleEars New Member

I can speak for the M&P 15-22 RIFLE version which is likely the base for the pistol since it would be damn easy to modify; it is fast and reliable and likes to eat GOOD ammunition. If you really want to get exotic, there is a UZI .22 pistol available with all the characteristics of the famous original. I'm not sure of the manufacturer or distributor, but a quick Google should find it for you. That should be much cooler than an AR type!

6. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I know they stopped making the m&p one because it WAS too easy to modify. People were sticking barrels an stocks on em with ease I guess.

7. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Thank you sir