.22lr ammo

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by VASH1456, Nov 13, 2011.

1. VASH1456

VASH1456 New Member

I'm looking for powerful .22lr ammo.... Any suggestions?

2. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

i like cci mini mag ball 40gr

3. proffitt

proffitt New Member

If you looking for varmit killing i suggest barnes. They are copper plated solid core. Hunting i use winchester hollow points

4. somawas

somawas New Member

What rifle or handgun are you using? What's the ammo going to be used for? Punching holes in paper at 50 and 100yards? Busting rats so you know the're dead and not bounce away to die somewhere else? Hunting squirrels for food or send to the landfill because the're pests? Specifics, what ever you're going to do and with what will determine the round to use.

5. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

cci mini-mags.. DON'T BUY REMINGTURDS!!

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

CCI Stingers or Velocitors.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

In a 22 that makes little difference :rolleyes:
    MY best have been CCI Stingers :)
    Yellow Jackets are OK -

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

federal champions are pretty decent. federal valuepacks... not so much. my savage likes winchester HP.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

my goto 22lr atm is the cci blazer. same exact thing as the minimag just cheaper as the bullets are plain un plated lead

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

My picky eater P22 loves Blazers. I mostly liked the cheap federal bulk stuff. Stingers, minimags, velocitiers it wouldn't eat.

11. arizonamesagal

arizonamesagal New Member

I get all of my 22lr from gunsandammosuperstore.com
    They will let you know first (if youre a customer) that it is in and they have free shiping code:

FREESHIP

12. mboylan

mboylan New Member

Their .22 LR prices are obscene. Double Cabelas. More than double Wal-Mart.

13. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Then why does that Site say all the 22 Ammo is sold out? If your posting for a vendor, you need to become a Vendor member, or you can expect your posts to be Removed.

Edit: The Ammo we (my Wife & I) like CCI, Stingers, Blazers, Mini-Mags, when we can get them,..recently just Blazers except for 2 Boxes of Stingers, Not a Big Remington Fan,..but The Golden Bullets, and the Yellow Jackets are good when you can find them.
    Winchesters, we like the Super X, and Federal we like The BEST overall are: Auto Match, Champion, Gold Medal Target, and American Eagles. Finally, my Sleepers(sounds like Im Talkin Football Prospects for the NFL Draft, which I did this Morning on the Radio!) are the Anguila Super Extra HV, and Super Maximum's.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014