22a

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Forum' started by JolietGunner, May 7, 2013.

1. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

I just bought a 22A it is my first gun.I shot one at a range and liked it.I was wondering if anyone was familar with this gun.And maybe tell me the durability did I make a mistake?

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Oh no, not a 22a. THE 22a? Say it ain't so. The 22a has such a reputation. Did you fire it yet? Is the shop open tomorrow!?

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

He's waiting on .22 LR ammo. :)

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I honestly don't know a thing about them. I do like the design a little better that some of their other 22 autos that have that infernal barrel bushing that comes loose. But I have not shot many of them so long term I don't know. I have a couple friends with them and they seem to like them.

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

What? You don't like the 22A!
    I just bought the Talo edition sunday,I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
    It seems to be a well made pistol,and I'm not too worried about wearing out the recoil buffers. I don't know how many of them I have replaced on all of my other 22's that have them over the years.

6. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

You did fine for your first handgun. You could do alot worse. It does seem to have some engineering and/or QC issues (feed,extraction,buffer) but it isn't really less durable than anything else. Take it out and shoot it, see what happens.

7. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

Are you serious?

8. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

Just got 400 rounds for $40

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have had a 22a for over 10 years. Never had the first problem with it. The finish is, well, Krylon. They work, are reasonably priced, but just bdon't look like much.

I put a cheap BSA red dot on mine and it will shoot clover leafs at 30 feet

10. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

Nice Ill be trying mine out on saturday!

11. stans1xd

stans1xd New Member

I bought mine last December to shoot in a local bullseye league, and a bowling pin league. Put an inexpensive red dot on it. great little gun. I take ribbing from the S&W 41 owners, but I like it as a first league gun.