.223 Rcbs die died?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by 1411, May 25, 2013.

1. 1411

1411 New Member

Is this common?

Never had this problem with other die makes.

image-1134260482.jpg

2. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I have never had anything bad happen w/ RCBS dies. I think they are about the best out there. Looks like it was cross threaded or tightened too tight. That could happen to any die, regardless of make. Call or email RCBS. They will probably send you a new part for free. They are very customer friendly.
    ct

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Looks like operator failure.

Like CT said,call RCBS and they should make good on it free of charge.
    I've never been a big fan of their full length sizing dies or their seating dies,but they make good stuff.

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Not common that I know of, but RCBS should replace the part in any case. Great customer service.

5. 1411

1411 New Member

Thanks CT I sent them an email.

6. farmallcrew

farmallcrew New Member

You should get one FREE in the mail. I bent a 30-06 assembly rod on my Redding die on a berdan case. Emailed Redding, they responded back, "we want you reloading ASAP, whats your address" so i gave it to them, in a few days, large envelope from Redding. RCBS is just the same way.

7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

So is Dillon. Except for when I called about my bullet puller. They want me to send it in before they will send me a new one. Its still sitting on my bench- right next to the RCBS and Lyman pullers that have aluminum beams instead of the cheap plastic crap that Dillon uses for theirs. I wonder if they will send me a calendar instead of replacing the crappy bullet puller?:D

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

They will likely send you a new one. If someone outside dillon is making them they likely want it to examine for manufacturer proccess defects

9. 1411

1411 New Member

Received the replacement parts yesterday. Excellent transaction. FREE is my favorite

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Just tonight my son was trying to clean up an old Lyman Spartan press and broke the ram. I don't think they make parts for it anymore so I will probably braze it back together and fix it myself. We were going to use it for the collet bullet puller. We are trying to set up a bunch of single-stage presses for the common prep stuff like pulling bullets, swaging primer pockets (has anybody tried all of the different primer pocket swagers and figured out the best one on the market? Which one is it???) bulge busting Glocked cases. That sort of stuff.

11. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Better call Lyman first before you attempt any fixes yourself. You never know they might send you a brand new press. Getting a Crusher would be better than the Spartan because the crusher is an O frame where the Spartan is a C frame.

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I thought of that too but I love having this old Spartan, and it would serve the purpose I have in mind for it perfectly, actually better than the O-frame for my purposes. I will contact them though (if I can get through thier hold pattern!)

13. spottedpony

spottedpony New Member

I"m glad someone has actually gotten some customer service from RCBS. I've been trying for 3 months now concerning a broken part on a set of .357 dies. Several messages through the customer service/contact us page and i never recieve a reply.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

For the past several months all reloading companies have been going gangbusters just to keep up. I have not been able to get trough to any of them on the phone where before it was just a few minutes on hold to talk to someone. Blame it on the anti-gunners.

15. 1411

1411 New Member

I called RCBS after sending an email. They were able to reference my email while on the phone. All they needed was my address.